Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to Jeep Commander forum, and I would like to get some assistance from some of the Jeep Commander owners, specifically those using the RR 2.25" lift kits.

I am currently about to pull the trigger on a 2008 Commander Sport 4x4, and I am planning installing the RR 2.25 lift kit with shocks.

I will be using my Commander for driving out in the California Deserts, and for use around town.

I do not plan on any heavy duty 4 wheeling, but I will be going out on broken roads, back trails etc.

I have read that for my purposes/use the RR 2.25" Lift Kit is ideal, and I plan on getting their shocks (unless anyone has any other recommendations).

(Please note: I am also asking these questions in the suspension/lift section on the forum).

So, now to my questions?:

1) I plan on keeping the stock rims, and I would like to know what is the largest tire size I can install with or without spacers?

2) Will the spacers will help to eliminate the tire rub on the inside of the fender well if going with a larger diameter tire, and slightly wider tire?

3) What tire spacers and sizes/widths do you recommend?

3) I have read that some folks recommend replacing the ball joints when doing the lift... Is this totally necessary, and if so, what are the benefits/gains?

I am open to any input and recommendations, since I want to do this right the first time.

Thank you,

Chris

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Please do not cross-post (post the same thing in more than one thread) as it is against Forum rules. Your post will be seen regardless of which section you put it in. It may take a while for someone to answer. To get you started on answers to your questions please see this thread: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please do not cross-post (post the same thing in more than one thread) as it is against Forum rules. Your post will be seen regardless of which section you put it in. It may take a while for someone to answer. To get you started on answers to your questions please see this thread: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

Thank you for the link jeep5253, that is a very helpful thread.:)

Will not cross post again.

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts