Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is Terrence. I never thought I would be desperate enough to ask for help but I am losing sleep over this short I've been trying to find for days. Browsed the forums and spent hundreds but still couldn't resolve my issue. Trying to get in here so I can post in the problems section. Thanks

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Info

From your post I at least can't tell where the short is or what model it is in, you could help by listing the model, engine, trans, 4wd,2wd. year and just as close as you can what it is or is not doing.

Swanny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was waiting til I was allowed to post in the problems section. Not sure how this works. First time user. Anyway its an 08 Commander 3.7.
Basically when I turn on the vehicle my headlights and parking lights come on by themselves. No power to anything controlled by the junction box. No blinkers gauges radio wipers or front windows or sunroof. But the car runs perfectly fine. Now when i turn on the headlamp switch, the interior lights come on and the cluster lights up like a christmas tree. But still the gauges and windows dont work. There is no moisture anywhere. Ive torn 85% of the car apart looking for a cut or shorted wire. Things ive changed: junction block, front conrol module, battery, multifunction switch, ignition module. All fuses are good, no check engine codes. It seems to me like somewhere there is a backfeed where the multifunction switch is powering the junction block when i hit the lights.

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
Hey this is Terrence. I never thought I would be desperate enough to ask for help but I am losing sleep over this short I've been trying to find for days. Browsed the forums and spent hundreds but still couldn't resolve my issue. Trying to get in here so I can post in the problems section. Thanks
Terrence8310;

If you want us to help you - then help us; click on the link below and read it, then reply with the relevant information so we can better try to assist you;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-new-member-introduction-post-please-read-before-posting.html

In the meantime, here is a wiring diagram for an '06 Commander; most of the wiring colors/codes are the same on an '08, so, maybe this will help you out;

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts