Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought an 08 Commander overland and was curious about some of the lifts offered for this truck.

1) do the 2 inch spacer lifts affect the ride at all?
2) Can I use the 18" wheels that came with the truck, or should I look at getting a set of 17" with proper backspacing?
3) how does the 4" lift ride? is it stiff or does it retain a decent factory ride.

love the truck, came from an 06 f-350 crewcab dually, so this thing rides NICE!!! lol. anyway thanks for the information up front. Also I saw there was a shop that was tailored to these trucks a while ago when I 1st started looking, I believe it was Get lost 4x4 or something like that, what happened to the shop, cannot find any shop info on line. They made some very nice bullbars and rear carriers. Is there another shop out there or is Get lost still in business?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Hello,
1) do the 2 inch spacer lifts affect the ride at all?
2) Can I use the 18" wheels that came with the truck, or should I look at getting a set of 17" with proper backspacing?
3) how does the 4" lift ride? is it stiff or does it retain a decent factory ride.
1- I have the Rough Country 2" installed and the ride has not been degraded at all.(Front end allignment had to be adjusted)
2- I'm pretty sure that your existing wheel/tire set up will be fine. The two inch lift installs above the front strut assembly and bolts on above the spring at the rear.(At least mine does).
3- There are several members running the 4" that will have to answer that one, but in my opinion the 4" looks sweet.

Recently I read a post where GetLost4X4 is no longer taking orders. Too bad- the guy has a real talent and a loads of knowledge.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...very informative!!! Anybody own commanders in the DC metro area...would be cool to have a get together!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts