Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Commander v6. The remote start rarely works. I've also noticed if you just move the key to start the starter will engage itself until the engine starts (like remote). Usually I just hold it until it starts. Last night it didn't want to start at all. Just before I called a tow truck it started. Now it seems fine. Could this have anything to do with remote start?

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is a software option that tells the computer to, with one touch, crank the starter until the engine starts. Therefore this CAN be normal behavior.

Suppose for example you were out of gas and this option were on. With one touch to the start position and the key released... The engine would crank for some time "x" but the engine wouldn't start because of course there's no gas. I don't know how long "x" is but a value exists.

Sounds like you need to troubleshoot your engine-not-starting problem, probably unrelated to remote start. I would start by pulling codes with a quality scanner to look for clues.

·
Registered
Commander 2007, 3.7 engine
1 Posts
I have an 08 Commander v6. The remote start rarely works. I've also noticed if you just move the key to start the starter will engage itself until the engine starts (like remote). Usually I just hold it until it starts. Last night it didn't want to start at all. Just before I called a tow truck it started. Now it seems fine. Could this have anything to do with remote start?
had a similar problem, could be the tumblers are sticking and or dirty. i bought oil especially for garage doors. I gave it a small squirt where the key goes in and moved the key in and out to lubricate. seems to have fixed the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts