Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an 08 Overland, 1 owner with 87K. Asking $15,950 I'm trading in my JK with 63K. I'm a little nervous about "losing" those miles. I've only put about 35K on my Wrangler in 4.5 years. As long as it is treated well, is there any reason to worry about it past 100K? It was in a wreck. Not sure of severety but as long as it drives well and everything lines up should that be a big deal?
Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd want to know more about the wreck. I paid $15,100 for my 08 Sport with 65k miles on it.

IMO...you're paying full retail for a wrecked Overland...I'd need to know more before paying that amount, and adding miles over your JK.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would agree with dorelse ...look under the hood and look for the VIN stamps on both fenders... at least you would know things under the hood should be okay... any over spray on any of the parts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kbb, I know it's not the end all be all but it's a reference, has it around $20K. Is that off?
If the panel has been replaced will the vin stamp be different or not there?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I paid $10k (cash) to a dealership in Wisconsin for an 08 with 110,000 and a brand new engine (oil change place didn't replace the oil...).

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Don't know about the wreck it could be.minimal or big. Probably depends on how well it was repaired. I would try to get more info on that. But it's not necessarily a deal breaker.

Regarding miles... I have about 136000 miles on my 07. It's very dependable and I plan on keeping it another 100k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The problem with buying a vehicle that has been wrecked is the hit you will take on re-sale value, whenever you eventually get rid of it, unless you absolutely plan to drive it into the ground.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My 2007 has 153,000 miles and still running strong . 87k is nothing!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm at 142k on mine... highly considering selling to to my mom for my younger sibling and as a secondary vehicle. She's offering me $5k... probably better than the dealership would give me for a trade. I really want another Commander (fully loaded w/ Hemi), but they're all 90k+ at ~$20,000! I'm not sure I can deal with that... too worried something like the tranny will need rebuilt. Maybe I'm wrong!

As a secondary choice, I've been looking at an 09 twin turbo BMW w/ 50k for the same price... probably less reliable, maybe I need some sense beat into me! :twak:

Look into the accident. My vehicle unfortunately has one listed on it, but... it was only paint damage on the fender flares, and some bending in of the bottom of the passenger side doors and chrome getting destroyed - to the tune of $1300. Looks good as new on that side though. Accidents aren't always a big deal - use it to barter the price down if you can! Double-edged sword like was mentioned above though, you'll get hit on resale later too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think the mileage is nothing, what is important is that how it was maintained and used. Just make sure to check the parts and list down the this that needs to be replace before making a deal with the owner. In this way you will have an idea if you are in the winning side or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my '06 5.7 Hemi Limited with 67K for $12.5K. The windshield had a crack and the gentleman I bought her from replaced it the same day. She also had a crash involving her right front fender (lady hit a post in a parking lot) and he was up front with me about it, showed me before and after pics of the repairs, which were expertly done. This '06 was well maintained and I know the history straight back to the dealership.

So far, so good, and no major problems that I cannot deal with.

I have resolved the sunroof drain tube clogs on both sides (30 minutes to do that). I think the blend door actuator gear on passenger's side has gone bye-bye, but that shouldn't take a lot of time to take care of. I need to retract the roller shades (jammed) and replace right rear tail light assembly because it is holding moisture.

Other than those semi-minor problems I am happy that I found this Commander. Problems are easily solved if you spend enough time to investigate the easiest and most inexpensive way.

Hope you will be happy with your purchase, if you decide that's what you want to do.

Thanks!

Tippy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts