Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have an '08 commander 4.7 that the cruise control stopped working. The 'cruise' green light will still come on in the instrument cluster whenever you push the cruise on/off button on the steering wheel stalk. When you try to set it, nothing happens. Anything to look for before I get ramrodded by a dealer!!??

·
2,248 Posts
If it is under warranty take it in. I have found that cruise control problems are often associated with a vacuum leak. Most cruise controls use the manifold vacuum as a signal to control the accelerator. A loose vacuum hose or a leak may be the first place to start.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! No brake light problem. Definitely not a fuse problem. Out of warranty except for drivetrain. I guess the dealer will get in my wallet a little...

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Hello all! I have an '08 commander 4.7 that the cruise control stopped working. The 'cruise' green light will still come on in the instrument cluster whenever you push the cruise on/off button on the steering wheel stalk. When you try to set it, nothing happens. Anything to look for before I get ramrodded by a dealer!!??
Did you ever get this fixed? What was the solution?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts