Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team Commander,

I was wondering since the new Commanders with the 5.7 give more horsepower than in 06-07 because of different tuning, could our oldies be flashed with the new program to get that extra 15hp gain? Chrysler told me it could be done, I just have to find a dealer to do it. the local dealers here said they would face federal fines because of they 06 hasn't been tested for emissions with and 08 flash. Anyone think we can find a remedy to this and get us originals some more HP?!?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It supposedly is programmed for the MDS to kick in around 55 instead of 60-65 to save "5-8%" more gas. Hopefully it can be done.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I thought that the MDS kicks in between 40 - 60 on the 06/07. What's the range for the 08? I know you mentioned it kicks in at 55 but up to what speed. However, would definitely like to hear the results if anyone can find a dealer to get this done at. I could use another 15 hp to help my heavier tires and rims.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Curley,

I hope you oldies...err originals can get the updated flash ;). I like your avatar...that CAI is looking tough!

Slainte'
O'C

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd like to gain another 15hp.. who wouldn't?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went to the dealer today to get a few things looked at... While I was there I asked the Service Manager about the 08 SW Flash for my 07 Overland. He stated that the flash is VIN specific and even if he could, it could cause problems like bucking when the MDS kicks in...
That's what I got for an answer...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
HemiGRN said:
I went to the dealer today to get a few things looked at... While I was there I asked the Service Manager about the 08 SW Flash for my 07 Overland. He stated that the flash is VIN specific and even if he could, it could cause problems like bucking when the MDS kicks in...
That's what I got for an answer...
It is so hard to get a straight answer from a dealer than even IF they tell you the truth you never know. Maybe one of the service techs on this fourm can chip in on this issue. I would love the extra HP and MPG too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think I've convinced the dealer (I love having friends that work at Jeep) to do it.

Does anyone know the code for the flash?

and would this void the warranty??

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Saturate15 said:
I think I've convinced the dealer (I love having friends that work at Jeep) to do it.

Does anyone know the code for the flash?

and would this void the warranty??
Your dealer should know the code and IF they do it then they cannot void your warranty over it.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
When do you plan on having it done? Also, make sure you take notes and document everything.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Will do..
or I might just order a HyperTech programmer if they can't do that. I've been thinking about one anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Will do..
or I might just order a HyperTech programmer if they can't do that. I've been thinking about one anyway.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
You can say that again!!!:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just talked to my dealer (Moore in Peoria, AZ), and my long time service advisor asked around. He told me that nobody thought they could do it. If you find someone that could do it, PLEASE post up how they did. That'd be very valuable to a lot of us HEMI owners.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If it doesn't work out, I would think that you could flash it back to the original settings. Unless of course, it fries something, but I really doubt that would happen.

I wonder if I could have this done for my 4.7 with any of the same advantages?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If someone could give me the 08 computer code I can see for sure if it can be done.. I need the code to convince the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Saturate15 said:
If someone could give me the 08 computer code I can see for sure if it can be done.. I need the code to convince the dealer to do it.
Shouldn't the dealer have access to the code?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the dealer has 08's in stock? then he should be able to do it....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts