Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
08 Commander Sport All wheel Drive
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a issue: Alarm, lights, etc. come on but will not start nor unlock unless the actual key is used. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,291 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->2008 Owner's Manual

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coop

does your drivers door lock/unlock button work? having similar issue and mine does not... wondering if its related.

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
Having a issue: Alarm, lights, etc. come on but will not start nor unlock unless the actual key is used. Anyone else have this problem?
@CoopSr ;

Hello & Welcome to the forum;

Please complete your user profile signature as directed;

Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Check the fuse for the Module-Sentry Key Remote Entry ;

Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
08 Commander Sport All wheel Drive
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am working through that as well. My next is to have the fobs reprogrammed. if it works I will let you know

currently have to use key to lock unlock drivers door, then quickly get key in ignition as the alarm (factory) starts honking horn, drivers door lock/unlock button does not work.

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
I am working through that as well. My next is to have the fobs reprogrammed. if it works I will let you know

currently have to use key to lock unlock drivers door, then quickly get key in ignition as the alarm (factory) starts honking horn, drivers door lock/unlock button does not work.
@patf111 ;

Did you check the fuse for the Module-Sentry Key Remote Entry ;

Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will be diving deeper into this over the week ahead. Picked up two of the junction boxes at a pick and pull, one from an 08 commander and the other from an 06 grand cherokee. The commander had a similar option package, heated seats and rear a/c. the grand cherokee has the same part number and figured it may have a relay or two I can use. partially did not want to have to go back, @$17 each figured it was worth it to grab them both. I also grabbed the window/door lock "block" from a drivers door as well so have a few options. basically I am firing off the "parts cannon" at it so see what works! :p

i do not have a fob programmed yet, just keys.. so will get one programmed this week as well.

that junction box thread is great! hoping i have enough good stuff to make it work.

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
I will be diving deeper into this over the week ahead. Picked up two of the junction boxes at a pick and pull, one from an 08 commander and the other from an 06 grand cherokee. The commander had a similar option package, heated seats and rear a/c. the grand cherokee has the same part number and figured it may have a relay or two I can use. partially did not want to have to go back, @$17 each figured it was worth it to grab them both. I also grabbed the window/door lock "block" from a drivers door as well so have a few options. basically I am firing off the "parts cannon" at it so see what works! :p

i do not have a fob programmed yet, just keys.. so will get one programmed this week as well.

that junction box thread is great! hoping i have enough good stuff to make it work.
Keep us posted @patf111 ;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts