Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im considering buying either a 2007 Overland or a 2008 Limited, what I'm wanting to know is are there any huge improvements in 2008 to make me buy the limited. The limited comes with the Hemi, the rear DVD, power lift gate, Navigation, I believe most all of the options you can get on a limited including the chrome wheels. The Overland actually has less miles on it than the limited but is $1k more in price. Which option should I lean toward?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think 2 things that changed in 2008 were:

1. The new MyGig navigation entered the market.
  2. When the MDS system is in use, it tells you so in the EVIC.
Not much else different.

:eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
I vote for the '08 Limited.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
07 was the 1st year for the Overland. All the exterior trim is platinum, not chrome, the only year they did this. Overland's have all available options on the Limited as std, except the rear seat VES. Overland's have suede inserts in the seats and real wood on the dash and steering wheel. In 08, myGig was available and the dash was changed to fit with corporate switch panels and cruise control. I like the 06/07 dash better, so I vote for the Overland.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those of you with the overlands, how hard is it to keep the suede inserts clean? The main reason im leaning toward the overland is because of its interior color. Its the light beige and green vs the limited's all black which to me looks cheaper and plain. But if the seats are a pain to take care of I may disregard the overland all together.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Go Overland, more unique, especially for the 2007 year.

·
Registered
953 Posts
For those of you with the overlands, how hard is it to keep the suede inserts clean? The main reason im leaning toward the overland is because of its interior color. Its the light beige and green vs the limited's all black which to me looks cheaper and plain. But if the seats are a pain to take care of I may disregard the overland all together.
I try my best not to get my interior dirty in the first place, but a soft brush and a wet towel will usually get most jobs done.

BTW, the Overland you're considering has green inserts...? Mine are black (or a dark charcoal).

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I try my best not to get my interior dirty in the first place, but a soft brush and a wet towel will usually get most jobs done.

BTW, the Overland you're considering has green inserts...? Mine are black (or a dark charcoal).

Most likely the darker beige inserts, they can look greenish in certain light and with age. I've seen them do this before, the sun does some strange stuff to the front seats, esp if the sunroof's open a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I've found a 2008 Overland for around the same price with less miles than both but its located in Illinois and I'm located in Alabama and thinking about salt damage kind of disturbs me. :grim: I wonder what 3 years of use and 40k miles could have done to it. I;m suspecting not a whole lot since I'm sure these vehicles have a lot of underbody plates. Have any of you guys up north noticed any increased wear? Btw I've only seen pictures of the seats in the overlands and to me they look like a hunter green on screen but im sure thats just the camera or my laptop. I'd rather them have a darker print anyway. Thanks for all the information

·
1,993 Posts
2008 saw performance gains in both the 4.7L and 5.7L so you're getting more power by going with the 2008+. Stay away from the rust belt bro the damage done is unreal compared to what you're used to seeing. Besides that a northern vehicle is a PITA to sell in the south trust me on that one unless the person shopping just don't know any better.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Now I've found a 2008 Overland for around the same price with less miles than both but its located in Illinois and I'm located in Alabama and thinking about salt damage kind of disturbs me. :grim: I wonder what 3 years of use and 40k miles could have done to it. I;m suspecting not a whole lot since I'm sure these vehicles have a lot of underbody plates. Have any of you guys up north noticed any increased wear? Btw I've only seen pictures of the seats in the overlands and to me they look like a hunter green on screen but im sure thats just the camera or my laptop. I'd rather them have a darker print anyway. Thanks for all the information
Just because it's in Illinois now doesn't mean it has always been there. Get the vehicle history to see where its been.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Overland's insert are no problem to keep clean. And 70,000 miles, 6-years of use, and plenty of desert off-roading they look new still.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
ReactionDT - so what did you buy?

The 08' gives you the remote start.

If you are a serious off-roader the Overland has the better 4 wheel system, with the Quadra-Drive.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
ReactionDT - so what did you buy?

The 08' gives you the remote start.

If you are a serious off-roader the Overland has the better 4 wheel system, with the Quadra-Drive.
Another old thread. ReactionDT hasn't been active on the forum since 07-15-2011.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts