Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My CDR was running great one day, started running like it was missing a cylinder, putt putt. The next day I was going to autozone to get DTC's read, started and died at the end of the driveway. I have been unable to start the Jeep since. I have checked Battery, ok. I have replaced starter and crank sensor. I have spark tester on coils, I have tried 5 and get no spark. I have checked all fuses and relays, ok. I purchased an OBDII reader from scantool, but I get no DTC's. Check Engine light is on and remains on throughout start and blinks after 30 sec. I still show no codes. When I connect to the ECU it tells me I have two 1 with 12 PID's and 2 with 27 PID's. I have tried both with no success. I have tried the on off, on off, on off for DTC display on dash just states "DONE." What am I doing wrong? I have been stuck for a week:brickwall:

·
Registered
38 Posts
A simple way to diagnose a crank but no start problem is to spray carb cleaner into the intake while cranking the engine. If it tries to start its a fuel delivery problem, if it doesn't than it's a spark problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Raid. No spark. I have narrowed it to the ignition coils. Getting great voltage to; but no spark on spark gap tester on any of the 6 coils.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts