Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got one of those '09 Hemi models that gets occasionally mentioned here that came off the assembly line without the fuel saver or ECO indicator - completely missing from the Personal Settings. Seems to be true for a limited number of WK/XK's.

The threads I've read here that talk about it are fairly old and before I install an led indicator light myself, my question is did an ECU or EVIC flash ever become available that would correct this missing settings option?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I've got one of those '09 Hemi models that gets occasionally mentioned here that came off the assembly line without the fuel saver or ECO indicator - completely missing from the Personal Settings. Seems to be true for a limited number of WK/XK's.

The threads I've read here that talk about it are fairly old and before I install an led indicator light myself, my question is did an ECU or EVIC flash ever become available that would correct this missing settings option?
@webwzrd;

If there is any kind of ECU or EVIC flash or reflash, you'd find it by following the instructions below. It would most likely be listed as a Campaign. Plug in your VIN and look under Campaigns, if it's not there, then it's safe to say, that one does not exist for your particular issue;

You can check to see if all of the factory recalls & campaigns have been completed for the Commander you're looking at (or for the Commander you have already bought) by clicking on the hyperlink below & plugging in the VIN;

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is this; a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern; a campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip there Big Blue, although not a lot to report. Just one recall and one campaign both pertaining to the FINAL DRIVE CONTROLLER MODULE. But that's the answer I needed.

Now I'll pursue installing the LED mod as my only option if I want a MDS indicator.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Good tip there Big Blue, although not a lot to report. Just one recall and one campaign both pertaining to the FINAL DRIVE CONTROLLER MODULE. But that's the answer I needed.

Now I'll pursue installing the LED mod as my only option if I want a MDS indicator.

Thank you.
Glad I could help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts