Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was inspired by Sciron4x4 who had just noticed that he went over 1,000 and started to look at other members numbers. Here is a list of our members who have received the 1,000 Post Award: :D

rwmorrisonjr - 1,001
Sciron4x4 - 1,329
RedCommander - 1,363

*post numbers as of 08/29/08

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
a49erFan said:
I was inspired by Sciron4x4 who had just noticed that he went over 1,000 and started to look at other members numbers. Here is a list of our members who have received the 1,000 Post Award: :D

rwmorrisonjr - 1,001
Sciron4x4 - 1,329
RedCommander - 1,363
jeep5253 - 1,363

*post numbers as of 08/29/08
Actually, I would be close to or over 3,000, since you wiped out about 1,200 to 1,300 of my posts, plus the time I was "banned" and couldn't post.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
I don't think keeping track of the # of posts is a good idea -- it only encourages people to make trivial posts to up their number.
When I was complaining about my posts being wiped out people were giving crap saying I was concerned about my number of posts. I had a high # of posts because I have been here longer than most others and actively participate in the Forum.
But if you are going to keep track then adjust my number to where it should be. That is only fair.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeep5253 said:
I don't think keeping track of the # of posts is a good idea -- it only encourages people to make trivial posts to up their number.
Do you really think peole do this? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Is there a benefit to having a high number of posts? Do we get reward points like on a credit card? If so how many more posts do I need to get an Airline ticket or a windbreaker? lol

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
a49erFan said:
Do you really think peole do this? :confused:
I'm saying that if you are going to recognize the # of post that some may do it. You in fact said in this post that maybe the post count should be turned off.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think rubicontrail.net got a pretend tee shirt at 1,000.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
adamag25 said:
Is there a benefit to having a high number of posts? Do we get reward points like on a credit card? If so how many more posts do I need to get an Airline ticket or a windbreaker? lol
Some people have an ego and want to be #1.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jeep5253 said:
I'm saying that if you are going to recognize the # of post that some may do it. You in fact said in this post that maybe the post count should be turned off.
We all say things off the top of our head, I am not the decision maker on weither the count shows or not, Nobody else cares how many they really have it is just something too have a little fun with, didn't mean to get you all fired up again.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Maybe we should add a poll to this thread to see how many people actually care about the number of posts they have. I personally don't care about the post count because it doesn't give me any benifit from padding my stats, and I wouldn't run it up even if we did get something. I am interested in seeing the number of people that do take interest in this.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jeep5253 said:
Actually, I would be close to or over 3,000, since you wiped out about 1,200 to 1,300 of my posts, plus the time I was "banned" and couldn't post.
I sent a PM to the admins asking to add 1,250 (split the differnece in your number) to your post or turn it off all together...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I don't want to stur up anything but I'm curious as to what a person needs to do te be "banned" from the site? Nothing specific but just an example

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
adamag25 said:
I don't want to stur up anything but I'm curious as to what a person needs to do te be "banned" from the site? Nothing specific but just an example
Mine was accidental. I wasn't really banned. a49erFan hit the wrong button -- thing should have a safety on it.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
adamag25 said:
I know a member was banned for a few weeks for posting a rick roll, other bans are at the discretion of the admins and are very rare on this forum.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts