Jeep Commander Forum banner

1.25" or 1.5" spacers for 265 70's?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  07JeepXK 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is here. Will the 1.25 give me all the clearance I need towars the inner well/sway bar etc? Do the 1.25"'s require bending the pinch weld over etc.? Thanks in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
Basically what it all comes down to is how far do you want your tires to stick out. I personally like the 1.25 inch spacers better for that size tire/lift. Also it doesnt really matter if you run the 1.25's or the 1.5's because you will have to trim the plastic inner fender well and bend over the pinch weld reguardless due to that size tire.

#3 ·
Its all your preference really. I like the 1.25 inch spacers better but a lot of members are running the 1.5's. Also it doesnt really matter which one you run as your going to have to do trimming and bending of the pinch weld with that size tire.
I see. Was it you that made the how-to thread on removing the fender well and re-istalling it, etc? Can you give me that url, if so? Which part did you have to trim off?
Thanks

#4 ·
I am running 265/70's and a 1.5 inch spacer and I have not had to bend the pinch weld or do any thing else to the wheel well. I also have a 2 1/2 inch lift and maybe that is why I did not have to or it could be the Bridgestone tires are a little different.

#5 · (Edited)
I am running 265/70's and a 1.5 inch spacer and I have not had to bend the pinch weld or do any thing else to the wheel well. I also have a 2 1/2 inch lift and maybe that is why I did not have to or it could be the Bridgestone tires are a little different.

I am running Wrangler AT/S's and if I do not have to mess with the fender well it will be a blessing. I'm severely mechanically challenged, lol.
How often have you/do you take off your tires and check the spacers, etc.?

I can't really fit new wheels into my budget right now (just moved cross country to Vegas) but I think I can swing the spacers. If you guys know of anywhere that has a sweet deal on those black steel rims, let me know. I think there is a thread entitled (who's truck is this" or "look at this commander", etc. ---THOSE wheels are what I'm talking about. The wheels would be a one time thing---no taking them off periodically to check, etc.

#8 ·
Not a problem.

Just get which ever spacer you think will look the best and go from there. If you have rubbing issues then do what I mentioned to take care of it and if it doesnt rub then your all set!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.