Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just wondering what the benefit is of the extra .25. I know its thicker but why one over the other? I cant find the 1.25 listed for the Commander anywhere. Anyone have the part # for spidertrax 1.25? I think I saw someone post that the ones for a 99-05 Jeep Grand Cherokee would fit. About to get a set any info would be great. Thanks, D

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, I ment to put this in the wheel spacer q&a sticky. Sorry!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Spidertrax doesnt list the 1.25 inch wheel spacers for the Commander. They are listed under Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ. Thats the 99-04 model Grand Cherokee. Both vehicles share the 5 on 5 bolt parrtern. Im running the 1.25 inch spacers for the old grand cherokee and have had them for almost two years now. No problems here.

·
Registered
696 Posts
but what is the benefit of one over the other?

Nothing that I know of except the wheels would stick out just .25 inches farther than the other. I think the backspacing on my wheel is equivalent to what 1.5 spacer would be.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
but what is the benefit of one over the other?

Nothing that I know of except the wheels would stick out just .25 inches farther than the other. I think the backspacing on my wheel is equivalent to what 1.5 spacer would be.
There really is no benefit of one over the other. Its just the 1.50 inch spacers stick out .25 inches farther which some people like the look better as it will stick out a hair farther then the fender flares. But then again the farther the wheels and tires stick out the bigger the possibility of having rubbing issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts