Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all!

I am thinking about getting a 2" rc lift and adding a 1/2" spacer in the front and 1/4" spacer in the back. Does anyone know where I can get these and has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you were going to play the guinea pig and get the 3 inch top gun customs lift?

Or are you just really confused and don't know what you want?
After speaking to a rough country rep I found out that there is no difference in the rear spacer and the top gun is only .4" bigger in the front... the rc is the safer bet with the life time warranty and all. But I also saw on here some people adding leveling spacers in the front and back but it was so long ago I don't even think they're active on the forum so I figured I would throw it out there

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
After speaking to a rough country rep I found out that there is no difference in the rear spacer and the top gun is only .4" bigger in the front... the rc is the safer bet with the life time warranty and all. But I also saw on here some people adding leveling spacers in the front and back but it was so long ago I don't even think they're active on the forum so I figured I would throw it out there
I'd suggest just getting the Rough Country lift - it's cheap enough and it's very proven and tested.

Have you ever seen an XK with the 2 inch Rough Country Lift installed live and in person?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Levelling spacers? RC lift will level the vehicle.

You can use RoR strut plates in the front or stack isolators in the rear if you want to do small tweaks to ride height. I've done both of these things.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Levelling spacers? RC lift will level the vehicle.

You can use RoR strut plates in the front or stack isolators in the rear if you want to do small tweaks to ride height. I've done both of these things.
Yeah leveling spacers. I know the rc levels it but I'm not looking to use them to level it, just to provide extra lift. I'm looking for ones that I can use in front and back and get the same amount of lift.

What do u run?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Yeah leveling spacers. I know the rc levels it but I'm not looking to use them to level it, just to provide extra lift. I'm looking for ones that I can use in front and back and get the same amount of lift.

What do u run?
What are you running lucky?

I'm running just the straight 2 inch RC Lift with Bilstein 4600 Shock Absorbers in the front, Bilstein 5100's in the rear and new Hemi-Rated rear coil springs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What are you running lucky?

I'm running just the straight 2 inch RC Lift with Bilstein 4600 Shock Absorbers in the front, Bilstein 5100's in the rear and new Hemi-Rated rear coil springs.
I have bilstein 5100's in the front on the 2" lift setting with rustys off road strut spacer which lifts more like ~.5"

In the rear I have Rustys off road springs that lift ~1.5" with some stacked isolators, and bilstein 5125's @ 26" full extended length. Had to trim and bend the gas tank skid out of the way of the LCA to allow it to have full droop.

Its loaded up in that pic and the road angles down to the right so its normally a little higher in the front but you get the idea. tires are super worn those are 32" 255/70r18's off of a JK safari

·
Registered
163 Posts
Or u mean I can just by stock ones and use multiples
yes. I have 2 additional ones on each side IIRC in addition to my rustys 2" lift springs in the rear. They are like $5 a piece @ rockauto.
Hey, I’m gearing up for my OME HD lift and had been told about stacking coil isolators for a little extra height. I’ve a couple of questions:
- would you only stack a max of 2 together?
- can you stack them front and rear?
- do you stack them on the lower or upper ends? Presume lower
- should you really use some small spacers instead of doing this?

My ultimate aim is to get a set of 265/75/17s on with messing about with geometry and drive shafts.

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I’m gearing up for my OME HD lift and had been told about stacking coil isolators for a little extra height. I’ve a couple of questions:

My ultimate aim is to get a set of 265/75/17s on with messing about with geometry and drive shafts.

Cheers
Dont stack isolators, there is no need to do that. If you want the added height, go with Bilstein 5100s. I did OME springs front and rear with the 5100s love the height and the ride. This way, you are still in the correct geometry, it put my front at 23.5in with new isolators, Im expecting some settling, but it rides great and looks awesome. Also, I was able to throw 255/70/r18 with no rub. Now, they are not brand new tires, but I dont think it will be an issue when I throw my new skins on her.

Before

After

·
Registered
163 Posts

Cheers
Dont stack isolators, there is no need to do that. If you want the added height, go with Bilstein 5100s. I did OME springs front and rear with the 5100s love the height and the ride. This way, you are still in the correct geometry, it put my front at 23.5in with new isolators, Im expecting some settling, but it rides great and looks awesome. Also, I was able to throw 255/70/r18 with no rub. Now, they are not brand new tires, but I dont think it will be an issue when I throw my new skins on her.

Before

After

Nice lift!

Thing is I’ve bought the OME HD kit already so no swapping now. Anyone throw me any links to small spacers/ isolators that would help me out? Thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice lift!

Thing is I’ve bought the OME HD kit already so no swapping now. Anyone throw me any links to small spacers/ isolators that would help me out? Thanks
Before knowing what sort of spacers you'll need, you need to figure out where the OME kit puts you in terms of height. You don't want to go much over 23" up front anyway, so you may not be able to stack much.

When I wanted extra lift, I ended up going with an RC kit and adjusting it to my needs. You can read my thread here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts