Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive seen a few people running 1/4 in and 5/16 wheel spacer plates on just the front to clear the uca bolt with wider tires so my question is where would one find these for sale at? Ive found a few sites that advertise custom made ones but thats about it. Does an Autozone sell these?

·
2,248 Posts
When I had my rear tire carrier installed we needed a spacer to move the wheel away just a little for the rear hatch to clear when opening. The tire shop had some universal spacers that we used to shim the tire out farther. Check with a local tire store. If you use them for wheels on your XK be sure that you have plenty of threads coming thru your wheels to give your lug nuts good attachment and retorgue them later to be sure. Maybe the fellow from Discount tire can give you some advice also.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
They sell them on ebay, but I would't recommend the universal ones with the oblong holes. They slide around when you mount them. Look for the ones with round holes, and as Huey said, don't go too thick - you have to have enough threads in order for your lug nuts to bite properly. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
So ive seen a few people running 1/4 in and 5/16 wheel spacer plates on just the front to clear the uca bolt with wider tires so my question is where would one find these for sale at? Ive found a few sites that advertise custom made ones but thats about it. Does an Autozone sell these?
I know pepboys have them. I have seen them on shelves.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay i guess ill check out the tire shops. I was just thinking of using those as a backup in case the bolt is too close for comfort. I plan on running 265/70/17 bfg at's.

Thanks for tha help fellas.

·
1,993 Posts
Okay i guess ill check out the tire shops. I was just thinking of using those as a backup in case the bolt is too close for comfort. I plan on running 265/70/17 bfg at's.

Thanks for tha help fellas.
you should be fine I'm running MT's. Just remember if the tire isn't hitting knuckle it never will. The space between the knuckle and the tire never changes while driving. I think my gap is less then 1/8" its real tight but I have no issues.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you should be fine I'm running MT's. Just remember if the tire isn't hitting knuckle it never will. The space between the knuckle and the tire never changes while driving. I think my gap is less then 1/8" its real tight but I have no issues.

Thanks Sal sounds like I should b just fine I just have been getting paranoid goin back and forth of whether to get tha tires or not but I feel much more confident hearing a real world example of this working. So as soon as the holidays are over I'm gnna pull tha trigger on these tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts