Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
so it turns out that the front didn't settle as far as i had hoped it would...

so does any one know of a 1/4" spacer for the rear on the commanders?

i havent found anything
Nope, no 1/4 inch spacers. The smallest your going to find for the rear will mostlikely be about 1 inch. Remove you spare tire and third row seating and youll gain a little lift in the rear.

Or swap out that 1/2 inch spacer up front for a 1/4 inch spacer.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
i have the 3rd row seats removed...im gunna try a bunch of things first
hmmmm well in a couple months your front struts will take a crap and youll lose lift up front. :rofl:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:ugh2:
hmmmm well in a couple months your front struts will take a crap and youll lose lift up front. :rofl:
now we play the waiting game.....

nah i have my local machinist lloking into building me a 1/4" spacer for the rear.... it should be very simple and safe...basically be fitted under the RC rear coil spacer

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
If you are looking for things like this you should check out a race shop. A lot of things for dirt track racing are the kind of things that we can use. They have adjustable spring perches and many other suspension items. This is just one place with a lot of stuff but they are all over the web. It is a good place to look around for ideas.
http://www.daymotorsports.com/index.php

This item may be interesting to see if it works.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are looking for things like this you should check out a race shop. A lot of things for dirt track racing are the kind of things that we can use. They have adjustable spring perches and many other suspension items. This is just one place with a lot of stuff but they are all over the web. It is a good place to look around for ideas.
http://www.daymotorsports.com/index.php

This item may be interesting to see if it works.
Good find... turns out the local machinists son is in school so he isnt taking any side jobs....im SOL till i can find some aluminum or 1/4" plate

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Good find... turns out the local machinists son is in school so he isnt taking any side jobs....im SOL till i can find some aluminum or 1/4" plate
Get a winch for the front. That will weigh it down a little. Or like I said swap out the 1/2 inch spacer for a 1/4 inch spacer. They are like $30.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup i've got 1/4" spacers made up now...buddy of mine got some made out of steel...im gunna through them on the back with the 1/2" up front...see how she sits...if it doesn't work out the 1/2" is coming out and the 1/4" is being swapped to the front...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SUCSESS!!!! the 1/4" spacers i had made up leveled the commander right out....pics for ya'lls
all the pics are with my 2" rc lift aswell

with 1/2" front spacer and no rear

1/2" front spacerswith 1/4" rear

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Great. Now you've got plenty of room for some taller tires. I assume you are getting ready for some tires. Maybe I'm wrong. What have you got in mind?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You definately need some bigger tires now. A 245/75R17 would be the perfect size for you since you get a lot of snow. Not only is it a 32 inch tall tire which will give you ground clearance but its a narrow tire. Narrow tires + snow = amazing! I know BFGoodrick makes the AT in that size. Just something to think about!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Very nice! Looks like it wants some new rubber.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That turned out nicely, now for the tires :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
yes tires are the next on my list....i was thinking about a 265/70....but 07jeep mentioned it the skinnier tire would be nicer....

i was pretty set on the Goodyear Duratrac. but on the other hand i have the A/Ts on my chevy p/u so i know the tire is a good brand and they last long....and they are only $100 more over all..

duratracs= $946.99 canadian(four tires)
BFG A/Ts= $1056.99 canadian(four tires)

yar i hate buying tires....i do 90% hiway and tons of snow-manding...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Im willing to bet that the BFG's will last a lot longer then the Goodyears too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts