Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i cannot find out how people are adding 1" custom spacer to a 4" lift is it a 1" coil spacer in the rear and a 1" piece of steel in the frount over the coil can anyone help please

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Check out threads by phunkeydude. Or send him a PM I think he is the only one with the 4" lift and the 1" combo.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Talk to Robby here on the forum. Hes making me a custom 1/4 inch spacer to go along with my superlift. It should net me approx 1/2 inch of lift. Also Phunkeydudes spacer is a 3/4 inch spacer. For a spacer this big, id recommend doing what phunkeydude did and get some GetLost4x4 UCA's.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
X2

The only upper balljoint failures we've seen on this forum and Jeepforum have been when a spacer was added on a Superlift kit. Both the DC engineer who designed the XK/WK front suspension as well as the AEV engineer who developed the 4" kit have said that the balljoints will live as long as the strut is still the limiting factor in downward travel. The 4" kit takes this into account. Adding a spacer will run the risk of the upper balljoint surpassing its travel limit before the strut tops out, potentially causing the balljoint to come apart. Also see: Phunkeydude!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts