Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have seen some questions about android head units and thought I'd share my experience installing a Xtrons system...

I chose the the TR-100 model which is a bit of a Alpine Halo type of design where a 10.1 tablet comes out from the dash. The screen is adjustable and fits nice on the console. The unit is a single din and I got a cheap dash kit of of Ebay with a standard chrysler/jeep harness. I added a micro SD card for offline maps, a USB thumbnail for my MP3s and a mobile wifi modem for data (was 'more or less' free with my shared data plan from my mobile provider). I also installed a bluetooth OBD2 adapter so I can use the full Torque app.

The install was mostly painless and I could not be happier with the results. You can choose what Nav program is your default and I am using "Offline Maps & Navigation" which has been excellent. The radio, bluetooth and music apps are all fine. I installed the Sirius XM app for satellite radio as well as Amazon Music and Spotify - both work fine.

My only issue has been setting up the steering wheel controls -- I need to figure out the right harness/adapter for chrysler/jeep which seem to have 2 SWC wires that need to connect to key1 and key2 wires on the head unit.

Sorry the pics are not great. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Have seen some questions about android head units and thought I'd share my experience installing a Xtrons system...

I chose the the TR-100 model which is a bit of a Alpine Halo type of design where a 10.1 tablet comes out from the dash. The screen is adjustable and fits nice on the console. The unit is a single din and I got a cheap dash kit of of Ebay with a standard chrysler/jeep harness. I added a micro SD card for offline maps, a USB thumbnail for my MP3s and a mobile wifi modem for data (was 'more or less' free with my shared data plan from my mobile provider). I also installed a bluetooth OBD2 adapter so I can use the full Torque app.

The install was mostly painless and I could not be happier with the results. You can choose what Nav program is your default and I am using "Offline Maps & Navigation" which has been excellent. The radio, bluetooth and music apps are all fine. I installed the Sirius XM app for satellite radio as well as Amazon Music and Spotify - both work fine.

My only issue has been setting up the steering wheel controls -- I need to figure out the right harness/adapter for chrysler/jeep which seem to have 2 SWC wires that need to connect to key1 and key2 wires on the head unit.

I just installed an XTrons 10.1" (te103ap) that looks similar to this one. Installed it without using the factory amp, swc or illumination but after talking with XTrons via email I found out they have a canbus adapter that will plug and play all of that for the Jeep. I ordered and it should be in any day now. Was thinking about writing up a thread about it when I install it. Did you stick with the factory launcher?

·
Registered
17 Posts

I just installed an XTrons 10.1" (te103ap) that looks similar to this one. Installed it without using the factory amp, swc or illumination but after talking with XTrons via email I found out they have a canbus adapter that will plug and play all of that for the Jeep. I ordered and it should be in any day now. Was thinking about writing up a thread about it when I install it. Did you stick with the factory launcher?
Any updates on this? Looking at doing a similar install but want to keep factory function of amp and steering wheel controls. How is the audio on the phone calls (both microphone and speaker)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts