Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 hemi 4x4 3inch lift overland .. I've only owned her for a couple of months now. My MPG Sucks. According to the trip odometer 200 miles to a tank. 17.5

Does any one share my s****y mpg?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I get 10-11 on the highway with mine, Hemi, roof top tent and rack, 3.5” lift with 33” tires and a whole drawer setup in back with a full kitchen, and a wife in the passenger seat. I get the almost identical mileage on the trails, this past trip in the Ozarks I got 9mpg on a full tank off road.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,288 Posts
Some thing about the HEMI, it has MDS so it will run on 4 cylinders under mild load. If you do not use the correct oil (5W20) the MDS may not work. You might also try resetting the computer by removing the negative battery cable for 5 minutes or more, it will relearn the engine settings. No sure if the 2007 has an indicator when in MDS mode, but on my 2006 I added an LED that comes on with MDS active - see M.D.S. - What is it? & How do I know when it is active? Especially see post 45 and up about adding an LED like I did.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Base 3.7 litre V6, 4WD QT-I
15 Posts
With my 3.7, proper tire inflation, Goodyear Forterras (OEM replacements), K/N intake, new cats 😅, on 87 OCTANE: I get around 15.4 MPG if I'm not hot-rodding it!

·
Administrator
7,306 Posts
07 hemi 4x4 3inch lift overland .. I've only owned her for a couple of months now. My MPG Sucks. According to the trip odometer 200 miles to a tank. 17.5

Does any one share my s****y mpg?
@TaosTek ;

Your post has been edited - watch your language & DO NOT post profanity on this forum.

This is the only warning you'll get.

That being said, Commanders have never been advertised, or known, for getting great gas mileage, so, this isn't exactly front page news.

·
Registered
07 Jeep Commander Overland
36 Posts
Getting 13-15. No concerns here. It is what it is. I’m sure gains can be see with removing third row and tweaking the rig as you see fit.

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
@JeeperSleeper You have been around here for a while - how about making a Signature withe the details of your Commander.

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Yes you got it now Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Limited 5.7 QDll 142k miles
171 Posts
06 Hemi 4x4: 12/13 city & 17/19 highway

1 - 16 of 16 Posts