Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got about 105k miles on my '06 4.7L. Noticed some ATF on the transmission cooling lines a few months back when I changed out my sway bar bushings and end links. Took it into the dealer over the weekend and they confirmed the hoses were leaking - I was overdue for all the fluids anyway, so I bit the bullet and had them do the new lines, transmission flush, transfer case fluid, and front/rear diff oil change. During the inspection, they also found that one of my front differential bushings was actually gone and the other two were in poor shape. I had been noticing the clunk when put in Drive or Reverse. $1500 later all this is now fixed - can't complain - the Commander is still in great shape and drives nicely, and has been relatively trouble-free. Looking forward to another 100K miles!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Good to hear that you had a good dealer experience. $1500 is definitely worth it to keep the XK running well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it was a little bit of sticker shock at first, but it really has been a good vehicle and (knock on wood) has no other issues, so I'm hoping it buys more a few more good years at least.

·
Registered
20 Posts
? for anyone. Dose the 07 commander 3.7 engine 2 wheel drive (rear\w) have front differential or is it just rear. I change the fluid/oil in mine and did not think it has a front diff, not sure. Also, what miles do u need to change the timing belt\chain not sure which one it has?.Thxs for any info!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts