Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the location of the 112v converter for the power outlet in the rear seat area. Does anyone know where it's "hidden"? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm trying to find the location of the 112v converter for the power outlet in the rear seat area. Does anyone know where it's "hidden"? Thanks in advance.
I believe it's in the center console, probably under the storage bin right behind or near the plug

I'm curious too, do the 2006's have a 112v port?
No, they weren't added until 2008+ models when they started adding all the other fancier features like heated rear seats and powered lift gate, etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you're referring to the 115-volt AC inverter. The module is located behind the driver side rear quarter trim panel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're referring to the 115-volt AC inverter. The module is located behind the driver side rear quarter trim panel.

I think I also heard that the Boston Acoustics amp is back there too. Next time I visit the boneyard I'm going exploring... I've got the correct panel with outlet and rear seat warmer switches located (09 Grand Cherokee) and there is a fuse for "power inverter" in place under the hood. Going to look into this after I get my heated seats running, see if I'm pre-wired for 115-volt AC.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think I also heard that the Boston Acoustics amp is back there too. Next time I visit the boneyard I'm going exploring... I've got the correct panel with outlet and rear seat warmer switches located (09 Grand Cherokee) and there is a fuse for "power inverter" in place under the hood. Going to look into this after I get my heated seats running, see if I'm pre-wired for 115-volt AC.
If you plan on installing this stuff. Don't forget you have to replace the accessory switch bank/switch pod, in your dash as well. You can't just install the switch. This switch turns your inverter on and off. And who knows what else you might be needing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts