Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anybody have an updated link on how to fix the clock on the mygig upgrade. i saw a couple but it said it couldnt open link.my clock's frozen on 12:00. i change it but it reverts back to 12:00. thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Where did you see these links ?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again. thats another person thats used that and said it worked ok. im gonna give it a shot, just hope i dont fry it...

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You mean "brick" it, although I've been a bit frustrated with Chrsyler, I doubt they have designed the radio so poorly a software/firmware upgrade, even if done improperly would "fry" it. But, "bricking it", although unlikely, is possible. Some firmware updates if you screw it up badly will result in no basic operating system, and without that basic operating system, it won't run including getting it back to the upload mode to try another loading of the new firmware/software, thus it becomes a brick. At that point you have remove the device and send it to a special shop that can replace the chip or flash memory that holds the firmware/software.

Read up on how to do the software/firmware upgrade, if you follow the instructions you should NOT have any problem. Bricking it happens to people that don't follow the instructions or do exactly what they warn against, killing power or try to stop the process in the middle of it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"brick it".. "fry it"... whatever you wanna call it. just the chance of it not working after spending about a grand is a little scary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts