Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i need to get longer studs to get enough thread for the bolts to fit if i get the 12mm spacer plate like the one below?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
yes, I tested a set of these on my xk before i got my spidertrax and there was not even close to enough threads to safely install the lug nuts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought these wrangler wheels 17" because someone had told me that it would fit in the commander and when i put them on, the front wheels are rubbing the break pads. i need to get some spacers to clear the break pads. what size spacers should i get to clear the break pads. do you think 5mm would be enough without having to get longer studs or a different type of spacer adapter?

You really should cosider something hub-centric.
These will make your wheels stud-centric and ultimatly snap studs.

............Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
1.375" spidertrax is the minimum I would go with. Most forum members are running 1.5" spidertrax or equivilant. I agree with robby, hub centric is a must.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
do i need to shave down the studs so they fit if i get these? and what is a hub centric, a better fit?

1.375" spidertrax is the minimum I would go with. Most forum members are running 1.5" spidertrax or equivilant. I agree with robby, hub centric is a must.

·
Registered
331 Posts
hub centric means it has a ring around the inside to align the wheel when it mounts. the bigger spacers have lugs of their own buried in the aluminum....no need to change the factory set up...you just put them in between.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
lumberjim is correct the ring around the spindle nut that you see in his picture helps support the wheel. This is similar to a ring on the hub that fits inside of the spacer to support the spacer. I think the 1.375" spacer will just fit without trimming the studs. I know the 1.5" spacers fit with no trimming. You may find a shorter spacer that will work with your wheels but you will need to trim down the studs on the hub.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I had 1.25" spacers prior to going with offset rims nd there is no need to trim the studs. They will work just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts