Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the best deal on a portable 12V compressor? I'm not looking to install a permanent on-board compressor, just a portable one I can use when I go to the beach.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You might want to check with our supporting vendors. Sun Performance sell Air compressors.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I picked one up at Harbor Freight and used it at the XK outing at the Badlands. It did a decent job for the price I paid, $55. I aired back up from 14psi to 35psi and it did the job.

do a search for "harbor freight" and you should find a thread on them.

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have one of those too, and it gets it on... it'll fill my portable air tank to 110 PSI in about 90 seconds. It's only about a minute for a low tire too. I'm guessing 3 minutes for a completely flat XK tire. Most el cheapo 12V compressors need 3 minutes if the tire is only 5% low. :) (Assuming it doesn't go up in flames before the tire is filled)

Notice this compressor does NOT have a cigarette lighter plug. It draws too much current for its large motor, hence the battery jumper clips.

Here's a direct link to Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93186

·
Registered
862 Posts
I like that Costco unit. It's like the Harbor Freight one but with two compressor heads.

That would be a perfect one to mount somewhere. Add a pressure switch for control and an air tank for a complete on-board air system. Can't beat the price either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts