Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 4.7 QDII is showing service 4WD system the ABS and Traction Control lights are also on. Key dance gives me a1417 code. It is shifting rough, will go into 4wd low and yes the recall P?? has been done. Anyone know what is code 1417 is showing?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
My 06 4.7 QDII is showing service 4WD system the ABS and Traction Control lights are also on. Key dance gives me a1417 code. It is shifting rough, will go into 4wd low and yes the recall P?? has been done. Anyone know what is code 1417 is showing?
Here you go;
C1417–FRONT DIFFERENTIAL CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW (CONTINUED)
The FDCM detects the Front Differential Solenoid Control is shorted low.

Possible Causes

FRONT DIFFERENTIAL SOLENOID:

(T306) FRONT DIFFERENTIAL SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(T306) FRONT DIFFERENTIAL SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
(T301) SWITCHED BATTERY SOLENIOD SUPPLY OPEN/SHORTED TO GROUND
FDCM
I had this code. Replaced front diff solenoid and wiring harness. Problem solved.
3 things can cause this:if code is present but no drivability issues then its a trip to the dealer to get an update for your fdcm module.

If code is present and you have drivability issues ex:feel clunks in front when you turn or you feel the truck is stuck in 4x4 and wont let you turn you have to fight the steering wheel then its either the front diff locking solenoid with the little wiring harness thats inside the diff or the fdcm module.

front diff solenoid is the cheapest one with the harness sold separetly but the job itself is longer and messier search my threads and you will find part numbers you need and also theres a lot of tutorials and videos on here and the net

as for the module its pricier and you have to have the exact one or else it wont work and its a 15 min job to replace and very easy to access:lift the rear driver side seat as you would to let access for the third row seats theres a piece of carpet in the plastic molding lift and remove and you will see 2 modules its the second one the one towards the middle of the truck.you need to write down the number on it ex: 56044199AK
with that you should be able to find the right parts

good thing to do is to inspect wiring harness connectors at both module and solenoid for corrosion.

and in my opinion if you have drivability issues its most likely the module.its not sealed and over time moisture gets in or it doesnt take much a soft drink spilled snowy boots going to the third row ect..
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/58-diagnostic-trouble-codes-dtc/10008-code-c1417-%3D-front-differential-control-circuit-low.html

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
@Creek, I'm pretty sure you have a bad wheel speed sensor. U1417 is the code for a bad wheel speed sensor. And with the service 4WD system the ABS and Traction Control lights it is pretty much conclusive.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the wheel speed sensor and the ABS sensor the same sensor called a different name or are they different sensors. I looked at two utubes one was replacing the wheel speed sensor and the other was replacing the ABS sensor and they were the same.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Is the wheel speed sensor and the ABS sensor the same sensor called a different name or are they different sensors. I looked at two utubes one was replacing the wheel speed sensor and the other was replacing the ABS sensor and they were the same.
I'm pretty sure they are the same thing. But wheel speed sensor is the most common term. It is an easy DIY fix. Well, the rear is pretty easy, the front is a little more difficult but still doable as a DIY. U1417 would be the left (driver's) side, the bad thing is the code does not tell you if it is the front or back sensor. When it happened to me (U1418 right side), I got lucky and guessed the rear. See this thread---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/9-problems-dealer-service/49745-abs-bas-esp-traction-control-service-4wd-system-code-u1418.html

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts