Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to look at picking up a commander this weekend to replace my XJ cherokee. I am planning a little 2" lift if I get one because they look terrible stock, but there are limited tire sizes for the larger rims ( I also just dont like metric sizing). Can you put 15" rims on one or are the brakes too large to fit smaller wheels? What is the bolt pattern on the wheels also? Is it the same as other jeep wheels?

·
Registered
189 Posts
what engine size is the commander? if you're running the 3.7L V6 I wouldn't rec smaller rim size. I have the stock 17" alum alloys with toyo 265/70's and a 2" lift. if you're getting a bigger tire and smaller rim you're going to lose some power and mpg unless they're specialty rims. With a bigger engine you could probably get away with it. Are you wanting looks or offroad performance?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The calipers are way too large. You cant even run a 16 inch wheel on the Commander. The Commander is 5x5 Bolt Pattern.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Definitely wished I could've put my 15" D-window wheels off of my ZJ onto the XK when I bought it. Would've been real nice. But alas, 17" seems to be the smallest you can go because of the brake size.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Can you put 15" rims on one or are the brakes too large to fit smaller wheels? What is the bolt pattern on the wheels also? Is it the same as other jeep wheels?
No / Yes / 5.5 / Yes / Welcome

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
with a set of spacers/adapters it may be possible but I've never seen it done or tried it. I would recommend looking at what spidertrax has to offer and then do a test fit with a wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts