Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need expert help on this. Will this rim/tire combo fit my 06 Commander AWD? Tires will be Cooper Discoverer A/TW 245/70/17"s. Currently have stock 7.5x17 rims with 245/65/17 tires.

Will I need to add a 2" RC lift kit, or spacers for these +10mm offset rims? Believe standard offset is +45 on OEM setup.
Thanks for any help for a newbie on rim/tire issues.

·
Registered
359 Posts
1.5" spacer? the rim is only .5" wider, which would make a .25" spacer? unless you are referring to the new tire size and its confusing-equation-to-determine-and-requires-a-calculator to determine that the tire is wider. Otherwise I don't understand

Edit: nvrmind, some how my eyes skipped right past the offset part of the post.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
1.5" spacer? the rim is only .5" wider, which would make a .25" spacer? unless you are referring to the new tire size and its confusing-equation-to-determine-and-requires-a-calculator to determine that the tire is wider. Otherwise I don't understand

Edit: nvrmind, some how my eyes skipped right past the offset part of the post.
yeah, offset!

That tire is definitely ok on a stock wheel. Not entirely sure with that offset. More offset = more likely to rub the pinchweld, which isn't a terribly difficult and is a very cheap mod, if that is a problem.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Following. Share some pics if you do end up going with this setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts