Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I know this topic has been gone over a hundred times on this forum. I just don't want to buy rims and have them rub like crazy. I have the RR 2.25 lift installed and am planning on going with265/70/17. If anybody has pics of this setup I would truly appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yes that's probably the best width/backspace combo you can run on these vehicles. My first set of wheels had those specs, and i've been looking for a set of 18x8 4.5BS wheels to surface that i like.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have 17x8 with 4.5 inches of back spacing but I'm running 285/70R17's. You will be fine with that setup but I would recommend doing the pinch weld mod so you don't have any rubbing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great to hear. I've been looking for a month and all the rims I like are 17x9, and I don't want to go with that wide of a wheel with 265's. I was tire shopping for my wife's car and found some real nice rims at a local shop, I think I will go get them. Thanks for the reply's. Do you have any pics of how far they stick out from the flares?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that looks great. That sticks out just about perfect.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
....and my tires stick out a little more due to them being wider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts