Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing my 17" wheels on my Commander with 18" Sahara wheels from a Jeep JK. Has anyone done this before? Any problems? Any pictures?

I'm really not to sure on the max tire size or clearence / rubbing on a Commander.

My future plans is also to install the RR lift, I don't want to built a rock monster, I just wanted to get some clearance while keeping the factory ride.

Any advise is appreciated.

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I can't think of why there would be any problems running 18 inch sahara wheels on your Commander. I know they are the same bolt pattern but you might want to check on the back spacing and compare that with out back spacing. The only reason I say this is because i know the new wranglers have full width axles and the TJ didnt. Also for tire size I think you could get away with running a 245/60R18 which would be about the same size tire as stock. If you were to add a lift you could probablly get away with a 265/65/18 with minor trimming!

·
Registered
161 Posts
245/60r18 is the oem replacement size....and I have a set of 4 that have 10 miles on them if interested (wheels/caps only that is, off of a 2008 sahara) PM me if interested....

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm running the JK 18's with the factory JK 255/70 r 18's. They rub just a bit with the OME springs and 1.25 spacers. Posted pics are in an older thread about OME springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts