Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got a RR 2.25 spacer lift and just bought the 18"Rockstars(black). I was told the smallest that the BFG ATs I want came in 275/65/18. Can I get that to work on the commander with the lift with or without rubbing without doing major modification work? A little help. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done

Got um put on and just a little bit of rubbing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Sweet- looks great.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Great wheels! I would have bought that wheel but they only had 19's and bigger when I was looking or at least that was all I could find.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Don't know about the rubbing going away other than when you are on a smooth surface. Did you pull the wheel wells out and bend the seam down? I also banged the sharp corner off the A/C shield at the bottom of the hoses on the passenger side and had to relocate the air pressure sensors up higher. After that I used a heat gun to remold the wheel wells to the new boundaries. Used sheet metal screws to anchor the wheel well up high taking advantage of the new space.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I bent the pinch weld out of the way. Didn't want to grind it. I am getting ready to remove the fenders. I want to have some "defender" like fenders fabricated. I am trying to convince her that since we got the new wheels, we now need to expand the fenders and open them up a bit. Haha so far this line of argument has been a total fail.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey man i am really glad i found your post. i am looking at doing some what the same but i am going with RC 2" and XD Hoss wheels and Nitto Terra grapplers in 275/65/18. how hard is it to bend the pinch weld? do you have any pis of the install? what is the offset on your wheels and did you have to run any spacers?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts