Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Does any body know if the stock 265/60/18's off my 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland will fit on my 2006 Commander with a 2” lift? Is the bolt pattern the same? I think I will need spacers but what size?

Thanks,
JDD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Installed 1.5” Spidertrax spacers and the 265/60/18’s fit fine. I really like the new look but still want to get more aggressive tires. I will post a pic as soon as I do.

·
Registered
696 Posts
What wheels are on the Grand Cherokee then?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That is why this whole project started. I really liked the look of 20” wheels on the WK2 so I went out and purchased a set of stock OEM 20’s. They are 265/50R20. I am now the proud owner of a “Trail Rated” WK2 with 20” wheels. My plan is to run the 20’s for HWY and summer then put the 18’s back on for off road and winter.

I still have the stock 17” wheels and tires from the commander so my next project is to get larger tires for the 17” wheels. I know now I can go at least as big as the 18”s that are on it.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got 265/65s on mine with no issues. Ive got 2.25 of lift, but that shouldnt make a huge difference.

Are you running any spacers? What size wheel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What kind of tires are you running on your 18" rims. I'm looking for a set right now. My other post is so few choices? I have 245/60 18" and I don't know what brand or tread pattern is good for hwy/ trail use.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What kind of tires are you running on your 18" rims. I'm looking for a set right now. My other post is so few choices? I have 245/60 18" and I don't know what brand or tread pattern is good for hwy/ trail use.
Mine are 265/65/18 Toyo Open Country ATIIs.

They are very quiet on the highways and do decent on the trails and slick stuff. I haven't done anything crazy with it yet, but the Toyos are very highly regarded. The only thing stronger would be the BFG All Terrain...but costs almost twice as much. If I offroaded more I'd consider a 10ply tire, but since I don't the added strength wasn't needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alright, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with a question about 18" wheels. Would a set of the stock 18" wheels off of a 2012 Wrangler fit up okay? The tires on the wheels now are 255/70. I'm assuming those would require a spacer with a 2" lift? I'm not positive but I think the specs are 5.75" backspacing and 44.45mm offset.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't think that would work...guessing though. If it was the Wrangler 17 all of that would work with a spacer, but you're going to run into issues, I think, with a tire that tall on an 18.

Theres no way that would fit on my setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts