Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So decided to pick up some 18inch Wrangler polished wheels for my Commander before getting new tires. The only problem is I did all my tire research for 17''wheels and decided on 265/70/17. So what is the biggest size tire that can fit a lifted 2" lifted commander with spacers? Would it be 265/70/18 or is that not how it works? Want the same size tire just with a bigger hole for the wheel. THANKS

·
Registered
94 Posts
i've used this calculator for years http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
my first commander had a 2" lift w/1.5 spacers - i ran 265/65/18 on the wrangler rims. i honestly don't think the 70's would fit nicely. i also had trimmed the wheel well and bent the pinch weld over.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I am running 33" Mickey Tompsons on my stock 17" rims. I have 1.25" spacers installed with the RC 2" lift. I have gotten minor rub when at full turn going in reverse on uneven ground.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I run 18" Grand Cherokee rims and 255/70R18 with the 2" lift and 1.5" spacers (no rubbing).

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I am on 255/70r18's with not rub. 2.5" front lift and 2" rear. No spacers but my wheels have less backspacing similar to a 1" spacer IIRC. TONS of room for the bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts