Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, trying to confirm whether the 7-spoke 18x7.5 wrangler wheels fit the commander without the need to grind off part of the caliper or install spacers. Been researching this ad nauseam and cant get a straight answer. thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,189 Posts
First what year Wrangler wheels, think it may make a difference.
Next
Welcome to the forum. Please make a signature with your Commander details (year, model, engine and drive train. It is nice to know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.
To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing. Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, i think ive updated my signature. I dont know what year the wheels are, found them used online but the seller does not know. Here's a pic of what they look like.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,189 Posts
Your signature looks great. There are 4 drive configurations, 2 wheel drive, Quadra Trac 1, Quadra Trac 2, and Quadra Drive 2. The build sheet will have it listed, last listed is what you have as sometimes they list the stock and then latter list the upgraded type.
Think the wheels you question may fit but someone else with better info will hopefully post your answer.

·
Administrator
16,129 Posts
@LIXK7 You need to know the year.

Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, this is great info. Based on the above, if these are off an 07-18' JK, they should fit fine (i am looking at the stud size, right?). Im fairly certain these are the years, as the guy selling the wheels has had them for a few years.

·
Administrator
16,129 Posts
Thank you, this is great info. Based on the above, if these are off an 07-18' JK, they should fit fine (i am looking at the stud size, right?). Im fairly certain these are the years, as the guy selling the wheels has had them for a few years.
@LIXK7 The lug pattern and hub center bore also have to match. Also, you can not put a wheel smaller than 17" on the Commander.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L, QT-II 4WD
157 Posts
That is good info @jeep5253 !! There seems to be a lot of available options for other Jeep rims that would work on the Commander!!

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander base model 2 wheel drive
5 Posts
I added the Sahara 18" x 7.5" wheels to my jeep and I had to use a 1.5" spacer.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Cloud Car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings all, trying to confirm whether the 7-spoke 18x7.5 wrangler wheels fit the commander without the need to grind off part of the caliper or install spacers. Been researching this ad nauseam and cant get a straight answer. thanks in advance
I have the nightmare wheels story of all … l have a 2010 Jeep commander Hemi with 35,000 miles on it. It is diamond black with tons of chrome trim … it is showroom perfect. Well, l had the bright idea that l wanted the shiny wheels vs the slightly shiny wheels from the factory. So l found this company that sold Foose rims and they guaranteed that they could customize them to fit my Jeep. The cost was $3,500.00 … so l ordered them. Took six months to finally get them. Well, they did not fit my car … they would not take them back for numerous reasons. Well, l fought the charge on my credit card and l won. So now l am stuck with these gorgeous Foose rims . Be very careful because the commander has a weird configuration involving the wheel wells … not many will fit unless custom … and they still won’t fit. Good luck! Keep in mind that when you change the wheels you lose the capability that shows on the dashboard when your tires need air, etc.

·
Registered
2006 Limited 4.7 Quadra-Trac II
23 Posts
Not sure if this is going to help you, but I’ve had 3 sets of wheels on my commander. 2 of which being Jeep wheels. I first had 2012 Wrangler Sahara’s on it and they fit with no issue. Got a deal on some fancier nicer ones from a 2016 Grand Cherokee and they also fit with no issues. I’m running a 1.25 inch spacer with this and have had no issues in the 5 years of owning and driving the car on those wheels. You should be ok to throw them on. SHOULD BE, don’t quote me if it doesn’t lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts