Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ecstatic to be a 1st owner of a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport. 3.7L V6 144K miles - super clean. only issue is a check engine light diagnosed by dealership as a knock sensor and speed control needs replacing which I am scheduling this week to take care of. Looking for recommendations for tires, rack, and modifications that would help performance and look. This is my daily driver and wont be off roading much. Thank you 馃槑

Attachments

Super Moderator
Ecstatic to be a 1st owner of a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport. 3.7L V6 144K miles - super clean. only issue is a check engine light diagnosed by dealership as a knock sensor and speed control needs replacing which I am scheduling this week to take care of. Looking for recommendations for tires, rack, and modifications that would help performance and look. This is my daily driver and wont be off roading much. Thank you 馃槑
@Jimmy Le;

Nice looking Commander;

Please read the following and properly complete your user profile;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-required-reading-new-member-introduction-post-other-important-new-member-info.html

Registered
For a daily driver with no major off roading, the Rough Country/Crown Automotive lift should work just fine for you. I have a write-up on the Crown variant here.

There are plenty of options for a roof rack; personally I like Yakima's Megawarrior for fitment, but I built my own custom rack so I can't really comment on what rack fits best.

Tires are up to you. You'll be able to fit a 245/75R17 on stock wheels with no spacers, or possibly a 255/70R17. With a 1.5" wheel spacer, you'll be able to fit a 265/70R17. I personally like Goodyear Duratracs for their aggressive look.

As far as performance goes, you probably won't be able to pull much out of the V6. The Superchips Flashpaq is a typical choice for a quick tune and speedometer adjustment for larger tires.

Super Moderator
I just replaced my ROLA Vortex Roof Basket (Part #59504) with a brand new one - the old one was about 4 years old.

I'll post some pics this evening and you can see how you like it.

Registered
As promised:
Hey Blue, I just noticed that you鈥檙e running a hi-lift up there, what jack points do you use? I鈥檓 assuming something on the front bumper, but are you running a rear bumper too? I don鈥檛 think the spare tire jack will do when running 32鈥 rubber. I鈥檓 hoping to get rock sliders within the next 6 months.

Registered
Hey Blue, I just noticed that you鈥檙e running a hi-lift up there, what jack points do you use? I鈥檓 assuming something on the front bumper, but are you running a rear bumper too? I don鈥檛 think the spare tire jack will do when running 32鈥 rubber. I鈥檓 hoping to get rock sliders within the next 6 months.
The stock scissor jack actually can get you into the air with 32s, as long as you jack under the rear axle or front lower control arm, or carry a block of wood or two to get some extra lift. It's definitely not an ideal setup though.

Super Moderator
I've been considering getting rock-sliders for quite some time but I don't think I will do it, mainly because, I'm trying to cut down on adding anymore significant amounts of extra weight.

About the high-lift jack, I've used it in the front, haven't had an occasion to use it in the rear yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts