Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
What type of camera did you get and how did you mount it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What type of camera did you get and how did you mount it?
I think it's called Epic Stealth or Epic Sports cam, it was $89 @ Costco, including the 2G SD card. Quality is much better when it's not so overcast outside. It's also much better sound and video mounted inside to the windshield, but I was just testing the waterproof housing for this vid. I actually put it on my Christmas list to use on my racecar at the track, but I keep thinking of new applications like strapping it to my dog, or my handgun, or a kite, etc.

It comes with basic mounts, but I have a super strong suction cup mount from a Sirius radio that I wasn't using. I just stuck it to the top of the sunroof. For a safety tether, I tied a string to it and let it hang inside, closed sunroof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from a fellow noob. The video is pretty good; I may have to get one myself.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
funny video GForce. love the captions. instant classic.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I picked up one of the cameras and mounted it to my roof rack

posted some video in the Arizona Trails thread

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I like yer style .... splashing the general public is regarded as sport over here in England....You got my vote....

Keep up the funnies....we all like a laugh :)

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
That video is just cruel, its mean spirited, hateful and shows a total disregard for the well-being and care of your fellow man!..............I LOVED IT!!!!LOL:) Nice video and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That was great!

Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I picked up one of the cameras and mounted it to my roof rack
posted some video in the Arizona Trails thread
Nice hill climb video. Think about finding a suction cup mount. Countless angles to experiment with that way.
I mostly got my cam for the racetrack, but one of these days I'll venture out of the flatland roads of the Calif central valley and get some good off road vids. I'm thinking of a trip to Pismo Beach Dunes for some video.
Until then I'll keep looking for unsuspecting puddle victims :)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Think about finding a suction cup mount. Countless angles to experiment with that way.
I purchased one from their web site when I purchased the bar mount. Looking forward to trying new stuff with it.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts