Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we finally got our 1st real snow of the year in upper ny(westchester/putnam areas)
well went to work nothing on roads
when coming home there was like 4in on the ground along with ice under the snow.
so i just got the commander like 1-2 weeks ago and still new to it.
so i clean it off warm it up and im on my way home. get out of parking lot and onto covered main rd. if felt like the road was clean and a hot summer day. no sliding or spinning wheels it drove great.
i have a colorado and with it in 4x4 it does not drive this easy and great in the snow. i passed a county plow smashed up into the guardrail and almost flipped over then the car that was in the front of the pack was all over the rd. when i got close i just went around like it was nothing.(same with another jeep that was behind me)
glad this truck is that great in the snow. i was very surprised and pleased.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
pics please.

·
Registered
444 Posts
These snow threads really suck without pictures! LMAO!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
leaving for MI on the 29th, even though i'm hoping for good traveling weather part of me hopes for some snow so i can get a real chance to show off the new commander to my family. maybe it will snow about three feet and then melt two days later, that would be about perfect!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Southern Westchester got about 6 inches. Took my commander out for a little shopping(and fun in the empty parking lots) handled great on the unpaved roads, no slips what so ever. So happy with the performance!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I went out today to play as well, first time with snow. We got about 9 inches overnight, tried with and with =out the Stability control and even put it into 4 low. Was awesmoe, can't wait until I get some good tires!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, last year on our way to Albuquerque, I40 was getting nailed and when most people were doing 40mph I was able to still keep a 65 mph pace, it is a good feeling when you know you can safely travel at a fast speed! The Commander is awesome on Snowy/Icy conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts