Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my RR lift today. I was hoping the stance would be a little more level. Has anybody else had this problem? All the pictures I see of people's Commanders with this lift look level. I have 65,000 miles and original struts and shocks. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think most of the 2.25 lifts are still down a bit at the front. I added the 1/4" front leveling spacers to my lift which took it up about 1/2" and leveled it out. It's an easy install and only 50 dollars If I remember correctly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think most of the 2.25 lifts are still down a bit at the front. I added the 1/4" front leveling spacers to my lift which took it up about 1/2" and leveled it out. It's an easy install and only 50 dollars If I remember correctly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the info. I ordered the RR 3/8" spacers and went ahead and ordered bilsteins all around. Figured since I have to take the front struts out again I might as well upgrade the OE struts/shocks. Then I can start tire/wheel shopping!:beerchug:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had just posted a question about this lift wondering if it leveled the jeep, I guess not since this is a new post I guess I will need to buy the 3/8" spacer to level it out then. :thanks:

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I had just posted a question about this lift wondering if it leveled the jeep, I guess not since this is a new post I guess I will need to buy the 3/8" spacer to level it out then. :thanks:
Like I said in the other post I believe the new RR lifts level the Commander. And I've been here a whole lot longer than superacerc.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thank you for the link I guess this member had an older lift model. Thank you again!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a pic after I installed new Bilstein struts and the 3/8" spacer. The RR kit was brand new from RR outfitters, for some reason it didn't level my Commander. Maybe my front springs are sagging, but with the new struts and spacer it looks great now!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure why mine didn't level out. I contacted Rocky Road and they thought the springs were probably sagging. I don't know, I'm not a Commander expert, I just upgraded from an XJ about a month ago. So all this is new to me, totally different animal than my XJ. I went with RR cause Ive bought a lot of stuff for my XJ through them and have always been pleased. I would just say, every vehicle is different and will probably get different results depending on mileage and condition of front springs. I have 65,000 miles on my Commander, I wouldn't think that the front springs would sag so soon. Oh well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts