Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding 2-3" lifts for a commander that aren't spacers... I'm looking for coils and shocks. If anyone knows of lifts within these ranges and could provide me with a link to them that'd be great. Thanks

Also, i an also potentially looking for a 3" lift in the front and 2" or 2.5 in back IF I DO GO WITH SPACERS. Reason being the front of my jeep sits a lot loader than the back.
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
https://jeepinbyal.com/

CB Engineering

Plus old man emu sells the 2 " lift that everyone uses. (JBA carries and has spacers to modify)

You are in the same boat I am. I want a 2.5 - 3 " lift and dont need or want the superlift 4"

Your going to see that the custom lifts that JBA and CB carry are expensive.

Welcome to the land of not many options due to having a WK / XK.

I have no issues getting anything I want or can dream up with my wrangler... sigh...

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I'm having trouble finding 2-3" lifts for a commander that aren't spacers... I'm looking for coils and shocks. If anyone knows of lifts within these ranges and could provide me with a link to them that'd be great. Thanks

Also, i an also potentially looking for a 3" lift in the front and 2" or 2.5 in back IF I DO GO WITH SPACERS. Reason being the front of my jeep sits a lot loader than the back.
Thanks
The Rough Country 2 inch lift is a spacer lift - but it is also a leveling lift and it does lift the front higher then it lifts the rear so that your vehicle sits level.

My XK sits perfectly level, I'm parked on a bit of a decline in my signature photo which makes it look like I have slight forward angle/lean - here is another pic:

I'm still parked on a little bit of an angle here - in the other direction, but, you get the idea.

With my 265/70's I'm slightly more than 3 inches above factory ride height.

I've also changed my Shocks, struts and rear coil springs, so, I have Bilstein B6 4600 front struts, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks and new Chrysler Hemi-rated, rear coil springs which are a little heavier than the factory 4.7L rear springs.

You can see the list of parts and part numbers in my garage if you are interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great!

The Rough Country 2 inch lift is a spacer lift - but it is also a leveling lift and it does lift the front higher then it lifts the rear so that your vehicle sits level.

My XK sits perfectly level, I'm parked on a bit of a decline in my signature photo which makes it look like I have slight forward angle/lean - here is another pic:

I'm still parked on a little bit of an angle here - in the other direction, but, you get the idea.

With my 265/70's I'm slightly more than 3 inches above factory ride height.

I've also changed my Shocks, struts and rear coil springs, so, I have Bilstein B6 4600 front struts, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks and new Chrysler Hemi-rated, rear coil springs which are a little heavier than the factory 4.7L rear springs.

You can see the list of parts and part numbers in my garage if you are interested.

Thank you so much for providing pictures! I'm nervous about taking someone's advice without seeing a visual beforehand. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you look around, the Crown Automotive and RT Off Road lift kits seem to be the same as the Rough Country kit, usually at a lower price.

You can see my experience with the kit in this thread, it's a great kit but it does have its limitations.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lucky- I spoke with CB today. Very down to earth, genuinely nice guy. The total price for the budget coilover system is $1,100 with FOA 2.5 - 3" adjustable coilovers in the front and 2" OME springs with FOA shocks in the rear. The $ 700 on that link is just for the front FOA coilovers.

I priced out the kit today how I would want it (CB is all about building a kit to suit the individual's needs) and it came to $ 1,700. This would include what i described above plus adjustable rear track bar and jba UCA control arms.

CBs Fox coilover 2.5 - 3 " adjustible system with remote reservoirs was 1,700 without track bar or controll arms. So there is a considerable savings with the FOA coilovers. CB says the FOA is cheaper due to sourcing some overseas parts. He also says he has been testing them for quite some time. Reliable, tough, and comparable quality / ride to the fox.

I'm torn now between going the less expensive modified OME (cheaper but does not have adjustability or superior ride quality ) or the CB budget coilover.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lucky- I spoke with CB today. Very down to earth, genuinely nice guy. The total price for the budget coilover system is $1,100 with FOA 2.5 - 3" adjustable coilovers in the front and 2" OME springs with FOA shocks in the rear. The $ 700 on that link is just for the front FOA coilovers.

I priced out the kit today how I would want it (CB is all about building a kit to suit the individual's needs) and it came to $ 1,700. This would include what i described above plus adjustable rear track bar and jba UCA control arms.

CBs Fox coilover 2.5 - 3 " adjustible system with remote reservoirs was 1,700 without track bar or controll arms. So there is a considerable savings with the FOA coilovers. CB says the FOA is cheaper due to sourcing some overseas parts. He also says he has been testing them for quite some time. Reliable, tough, and comparable quality / ride to the fox.

I'm torn now between going the less expensive modified OME (cheaper but does not have adjustability or superior ride quality ) or the CB budget coilover.

Did you take the plunge on either of those options?

jm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts