Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do yall think of the 2" BDS spacer lift

simple looking but what are the pro's and cons of such a lift. One of the pro's is it's only $200

I'm not going to go crazy with my commander but I would like for it to sit up some more but don't want a rough [email protected] ride as it is a daily driver

also is it necessary to upgrade shocks when you add this lift?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I dont think that many members are running the BDS kit. Scrion4x4 just had that kit on his Commander and sold it to me so if you give me a week or so to receive it and get it installed i can let you know how i like it. I know for sure that it would be smart to buy new shocks for the rear. I plan on buying the lifted Old Man Emu shocks. Also i just installed my JKS Quick Disconnects which will help out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JKS Quick Disconnects? Is that the Sway bar disconnects? Does that help the ride smoothness?

I saw that transaction and that was what got me thinking about them instead of the $750 Old Man Lift

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
They are rear sway bar quick disconnects. They are adjustable so once i install the 2 inch BDS lift i can make them longer. The 2 inch lifts dont come with extended sway bar end links because it would raise the price of the kit. You really should run them though when your lifted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scrion4x4,

how was your ride with this lift installed? was it alot rougher? did you have to replace the shocks as well?

So if i go with a lift i'm looking at
BDS kit for 200-250
Shocks for ????? 150???
JKS disconnects for another 150??

does that sound about right so i'm looking at about $500

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Scion4x4 ran stock shocks with his BDS lift. Im not sure the cost of shocks but i know the Old Man Emu shocks probablly cost a little bit, but they are worth it. Also you really dont need the disconnects, but id highly recommend them if you got the extra money!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The ride quality really didn't change at all with the lift. The tires were the culprit there. Ha. Shocks held up fine, but really would recommend replacing them with any lift.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll be getting the BDS lift soon, after doing research, it seems really reliable, given that it is all metal and not poly ect. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I will be installing mine tomorrow night. Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I believe they cost around $200-250 new. I picked mine up used from Scrion4x4 who decided to take the lift and tires off his Commander. When i got the package from him they still looked brand new munis the mud he left on them for me. After this off road trip to VA all i have is good things to say about this lift. It was very easy to install and i swear it rides just like the commander did stock. My wife didnt even notice a difference besides the ride height and i still have the stock shocks. Im not even sure if im going to upgrade the shocks because it rides fine. Everyday it seems there is another member on here that has experienced failure with their rear spacers but i can guarantee that these wont fail. If you dont want to spend $1000 on an OME lift or $1800+ on a superlift then the BDS is the way to go IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts