Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the mods have begun on my '06 Commander. Sunday I put the Fred Goeske 1.5" spacers that I picked up from Firedude - thanks again! Installation was a piece of cake and it brought the tire out just past the fender flare slightly.

Next was to tackle the installation of the Daystar lift kit. I assembled a crew of buddies from work to help and we got started on it after work Tuesday. Things went pretty well, we ended up getting 3 of the 4 corners lifted that night.

Tonight we tackled the 4th corner (driver's front) and it was a bear! We finally managed to get everything buttoned back up, I double checked the torq on the spacers since I had driven about 80 miles on them and they were all still torq'd perfectly. It was dark by the time we got done and it's storming out right now so I'll have to get some pictures of the finished product tomorow.

Here's a few with the spacers installed that I took Tuesday before we started the lift.

I'll be sure to get the lift pictures up tomorrow. It's going in the shop for an alignment in the morning.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Looks awsome! What tires do you plan on going with or are you going to run the stock ones for a while. Hurry up and get some lifted pics on here!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As promised, here's some pictures of the completed lift and spacers.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, now I just need to get it off the pavement and give it a workout!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Looks awsome! If only they came like that stock.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya. A couple of the guys that helped me with the lift said the same thing...that's the way it should have rolled out of the factory!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looking good. Agree that they should come that way from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Looks good! I am with all the others, it should come from the factory that height. Then we would only have to put a 2" lift on to run 33's and the 4" lift would fit 35's. Ahhhhh its nice to dream.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Westy,

It defenitely looks very cool!

I also installed the same lift (haven't posted the pics yet)

Before changing the tires both front and rear heights were 35in but after installing 265/70R17's and having the Jeep Dealer do the alingment, the front susp. height went down around 1-1/4in ....

Dows anyone knows what might have happened?

·
Registered
230 Posts
No idea, but I definitely thought that mine didn't look quite as high as it did before I got the alignment. I never did any measurements though so I thought it must've all been in my head.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't take any measurements before or after the alignment either and the lift was only on about 10 hours before it was at the shop getting an alignment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks great! I am also considering doing 1.5" spacers and teh 2" daystar lift. Was it hard doing it yourself, or woudl you recommend having it installed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It took me 10 hrs to put the daystar lift on. I had all the right tools and it was really hard. I have changed trensmissions and such before so I am not a stranger to working on jeeps. If you are really mechanical and have all the right tools AND a can of pb blaster and a hammer you should be able to do it but I will warn you it was hard as heck to get the clevis bolt out of the bottom of the struts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts