Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to two separate tire/wheel installers yesterday to look at ordering some wheels for my '06. I had picked out the Moto Metal 951's but the first shop shot it down saying they won't fit "because of the offset". They showed me some other options and they were all hideous so I went to get another opinion from another shop. Same result. The second shop said to look for wheels with offsets 25 and up, but I know for sure I've seen some guys on here with wheels that have lower offsets. Why am I having this problem and is there a way around it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you looked at ordering them online? I got my wheels and tires through discounttiredirect.com . You might check and see if it is a wheel they can get for you. They had to order my xd's. Just a thought... I am running +18 offset no problems at all..

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm running 17x8's with 0mm offset (4.5 inches of back spacing) with 34 inch tires. If the offset number is lower than 25mm just do the pinch weld mod and get a tire that will work well with the amount of lift you have and you will be fine. If you have no lift you should run the same size tire as stock on that wheel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts