Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run the 2inch RC lift and a 1.5 inch wheel spacers in the front with the 265/70-17 tire, but I don't want it to rub or have to do the "pinch weld mod" I'm avoiding the drilling welding and rigging way, anyone running this setup and used maybe a smaller tire or any advice to this setup? I will be using the stock 17rim and stock shocks and struts its all for looks 98% city driving and 2% light dirt road driving. if you have a pic of this setup please post.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
New Here? Read this Thread for FAQ's on Tires, Lifts and Spacers!

Jeep Commanders ranging from the 2" spacer lifts to the 3.5 Rock Krawler kit can fit the following tires WITHOUT wheel spacers and no rubbing:

245/65R17 (Stock Tire Size)
245/70R17
245/75R17
255/65R17
255/70R17

Jeep Commanders ranging from the 2" spacer lifts to the 3.5 inch Rock Krawler kit can fit the following tires WITH wheel spacers but will cause minor rubbing: (MINOR TRIMMING OF THE REAR PLASTIC FENDER WELL AND BENDING OVER OF THE PINCH WELD REQUIRED)

255/75R17
265/65R17
265/70R17

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm running 265/70/17s, the same lift, and new Bilstein struts, and I definitely get rub when turning in certain situations, especially if backing up and turning. The 265 is just wide. Now that I've gone to 9" wide wheels, the rub is worse.

I'd go 255/70 if I were you.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm running 265/70/17s, the same lift, and new Bilstein struts, and I definitely get rub when turning in certain situations, especially if backing up and turning. The 265 is just wide. Now that I've gone to 9" wide wheels, the rub is worse.

I'd go 255/70 if I were you.
Spacers? Pinch weld mod?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im looking at the Firestone Destination A/T 255/70R17 for my tire, I don't do any off roading this is pretty much an excuse to have a nice aggressive looking vehicle that i always wanted. its so nerve racking to me because I don't want to buy the wrong thing or have an issue like rubbing or have to do Pinchweld mod, I'm not very good at stuff like that. Any info helps and I thank you guys who have helped so far.

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts
Im looking at the Firestone Destination A/T 255/70R17 for my tire, I don't do any off roading this is pretty much an excuse to have a nice aggressive looking vehicle that i always wanted. its so nerve racking to me because I don't want to buy the wrong thing or have an issue like rubbing or have to do Pinchweld mod, I'm not very good at stuff like that. Any info helps and I thank you guys who have helped so far.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
255/70r17 will fit and not rub

A decent tire shop should install the fronts and let you turn lock to lock and check for rubbing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts