Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stopped by a 4x4 shop today and they quoted me a price of ~$750 for the installation of the Skyjacker XK20 lift including the kit, ancillary parts and alignment. Is that a good price? Also, the Skyjacker kit uses polyurethane spacers and costs $304. Rusty's is all steel and comes with rear shocks for $250, Rocky Road is PU rear/steel front for $205 w/o rear shock, and Rock Krawler's 3" kit is very nice for $670. Is the Skyjacker (and PU) that good or should I go with Rusty's, RR or even spend the money for the RK?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ordered the RR with the shocks from them. I have been sorting thru the threads on here and it seemed like the install prices were aroud 270-380. So Since the alignment is suggested from what I read, and a caution on Make sure they dont rip your cv joints on install I would say take away about 300 for you lift itself, and about 80.00 for an aligment (380) from your price and it would seem about right in comparison to all others.

Just be mindful, if you havent done so, that if your increasing tire size you need to consider wheel spacers, and that anything larger than a stock tire might cause the loss of the spare wheel space do to the new tire size not fitting.

I installed a "hitchsafe" in my hitch. And the end of the safe's drawer is about 1/2 inch from my spare tires tread.

So I plan on after install of my 1.5 spacers and 2 inch RR lift to stay with a better off/on road stock size 245/ (maybe 70 instead or 65..a little wider) r17

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I got the 2" Terraflex lift with steel spacers and used the stock shocks installed by my Jeep dealer (to avoid the CV joint and other warranty issues) for $505 plus alignment. My dealership said it may not need one but I knew better (after reading the threads here). Sure enough, after the lift, he called and said it REALLY needed aligning - duh. I did NOT install spacers but did put 255/65R17 Dueler REVOs on the stock wheels. I don't see any rubbing but I think I might have some at full lock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts