Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read quit a bit on this forum concerning doing a lift on my 2007 Limited Commander. So far I have a new set of SpyderTrax 1.5" wheel spacers. Looking to do the 2.25" Rocky Road spacer lift and 265/70/17 Toyo ATII tires for mostly daily driving. Going to replace the struts and shocks in this process as I'd like to do everything at one time.

A few questions from those who have done similar. Numerous keyword searches here, but would still like some first hand input...

Will the RR 2.25" kit provide a more level stance than the stock raked look? Any better options?

What are the best struts/shocks with the RR kit that will provide a nice comfortable ride for mostly daily driving and without any noises? This is the most pressing quetion as I'm ready to order these.

I have the 17" chrome clad wheels and planned to run 265/70/17 which form what I've read will have no or minimal rubbing issues with the RR kit. I have also seen use of 255/75/17. What would be the difference between the two?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The 265/70's are a hair wider than the 255/75's, but the 255/75's are a hair taller than the 265/70's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Thanks!

Any input concerning struts/shocks? I've been looking at the Monroe reflex but have read mixed reviews concerning the ride quality with them. Looking to be comfortably smooth without any added stiffness.

·
Registered
23 Posts
add Monroe sense trac for the rear. they work amazing and take the extra load. Firm but not stiff. Front, I would go with bilstein 4600 series for the commander.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts