Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after months and months of browsing VMAXX i finally took the plunge. Overall, I am greatly satisfied with the quality and the match. It's not 100% but in my eyes as close as an aftermarket part will get. ( Please no bashing) ENJOY!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Do they make replacements for the factory wood so that you could have an exact match if you wanted? Just curious.

It looks fine -- not my style, but okay. I love the design of the factory shifter knob. On the steering wheel, I would think I would like it if it was just round (without all the scultping) and if the wood was just on the top part.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the only wood that they offer that i know of. this wheel was purchased from www.autoXclusive.com. I have no way of returning it, so i must live with it

·
Registered
205 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
this is the only wood that they offer that i know of. this wheel was purchased from www.autoXclusive.com. I have no way of returning it, so i must live with it
DUDE - you paid $1200 for the steering wheel? I just about sh*t myself when I saw that. LOL

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy- Whomever said modding was an in-expensive hobby?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Wish I could get the "Peanut Butter Guts".

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I like the steering wheel a lot. I like the sculpted look, and it looks very comfortable.

I too was surprised to see the cost, but you're right, modding isn't cheap and that definitely makes yours different.

Good job.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red- Thanks alot for the comments, i appreciate them. As for A49er, is that comment you made "sarcasm?"

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
As for A49er, is that comment you made "sarcasm?"
No, The one option I wanted but did not get was the brown leather interior. Everytime I see it I wish I had held out a little longer for it. I even look for wreaks so I can pick out the interior.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't sure, since you "quoted" it. It came off as sarcasm. Sorry about that. There was a set back on eBay a while back sold for like 400.00 bucks i think.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks great Shiny! I have the same appreciation for the interior mods. Very sharp.

Remember, I have first dibs in 2.5 months on the vent chrome rings!:)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
I wasn't sure, since you "quoted" it. It came off as sarcasm. Sorry about that. There was a set back on eBay a while back sold for like 400.00 bucks i think.
No, Quotes because I was using your words. otherwise I would have said saddle brown. I will keep looking!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Silly question: does the wheel have the audio control switches or do you have to transfer those over from the factory wheel? For $1200 I would think that it would come with a dash midget to change the station, but that's just me!

Also, what did you do with your factory leather wheel? I'd be interested in it if its grey.

·
Registered
343 Posts
love the steering wheel man, ive been dieing for a wood grain wheel and a matching brown armrest, they should have came stock, but oh well.. mabye in the future ill afford it... i suck at saving so i do mods a hundred or two at a time..

a49erFootballFan said:
No, The one option I wanted but did not get was the brown leather interior. Everytime I see it I wish I had held out a little longer for it. I even look for wreaks so I can pick out the interior.
ive been going insane trying to figure out what peanut butter guts are...lol thanks for clearing that up

I guess i got peanut butter guts too!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rwm-The wheel was just the outer shell, both the steering wheel control piece as well as the air bag is all OEM. All i had to do was remove a few screws, disconnect battery, and air bag plugs, pull the outer shell off with the puller, and in 20 minutes, my new wheel was installed. I have the OEM, Grey steering wheel sitting in a box in the garage. It's in amazing condition as the car itself only has 12K miles. Let me know if you'd be interested, i
ll snap a few pictures for you as well. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
ldc2335 said:
love the steering wheel man, ive been dieing for a wood grain wheel and a matching brown armrest, they should have came stock,
The 2007+'s have a matching upholstered center console cover.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mine is an 06, i went ahead and found the part # and ordered that padded saddle armrest, b/c no upholstery shop was even close in matching.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts