Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a RC spacer lift on my XK. Wondering what is the max distance from the center of axle to the lip of the fender? I have seen the numbers before but now that I need the number I can't find them. I gained 3.25" with this lift in the front.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
forum thread

If you go to the forum section and look under suspension/lifts there should be lots of different idea's and also what might not work.
Swanny

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
If you go to the forum section and look under suspension/lifts there should be lots of different idea's and also what might not work.
Swanny
I have a 2 inch RC lift but I am out of town until Monday morning and I didn't bring my Commander with me.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to his question off the top of my head.

Maybe this will help: http://www.roughcountry.com/customer-service/

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
Center of axle to fenderlip should not exceed 23" without long arms or a superlift style drop bracket.
I just received a new set of Bilstein 5100's that I ordered part # 33-225807 - mainly because of you.....LOL.

I'll probably swap them out in a week or two and keep the 4600's as spares, since they are basically new.

I just hope the 5100's fit without any issues when I try to have them changed out.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I just received a new set of Bilstein 5100's that I ordered part # 33-225807 - mainly because of you.....LOL.

I'll probably swap them out in a week or two and keep the 4600's as spares, since they are basically new.

I just hope the 5100's fit without any issues when I try to have them changed out.

Oh snap! Sorry I made you spend your money! Really curious to see what kind of difference you notice.

Don't forget to ask the shop to make sure to clearance your gas tank skid for the LCA @ full droop. Only took me a few minutes. Other than that its a straight bolt in. Jack it up remove wheels and tires, remove 2 bolts for old shocks and bolt the new ones on.

I would ask if they could measure full droop once its up on the lift with the 4600's still in place and then again with the 5100s installed. I'll have to jack mine up sometime and see how much travel I have...

Ah, one more thought... they should install them with the shocks upside down (rods and boots down, cans up). Reduces unsprung mass.

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
Oh snap! Sorry I made you spend your money! Really curious to see what kind of difference you notice.

Don't forget to ask the shop to make sure to clearance your gas tank skid for the LCA @ full droop. Only took me a few minutes.

Ah, one more thought... they should install them with the shocks upside down (rods and boots down, cans up). Reduces unsprung mass.
I'm gonna take it to the dealership....I'm sure they can sort it out - hopefully.

I could have swore you said that these were a straight bolt in??

luckyse7ens said:
These (link at bottom) B8 5100 - Shock Absorber Part Number: 33-225807
are extended length rear shocks that were designed for lifted applications with oversize tires for the WK platform. They will bolt right in and require zero modifications.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm gonna take it to the dealership....I'm sure they can sort it out - hopefully.

I could have swore you said that these were a straight bolt in??
They bolt in no problem without it. That isn't required, some people don't do it. I didn't at first. Its the same on the WK. It wont cause any problems if they don't want to do it.

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
They bolt in no problem without it. That isn't required, some people don't do it. I didn't at first. Its the same on the WK. It wont cause any problems if they don't want to do it.
I'm sure they will do it if I ask them to.

I've spent a ton of money at the local Jeep dealership here, so, I have a good rapport with them.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Old shocks

Well WE are about to get New tires and I want to UPSIZE, and in order to do that we'll have put in a lift kit, I like the Stance of your XK, If you are now running 4600's that are not to old, I / We still have factories with 82,000 on them.

I'd be interested.
Swanny

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
Well WE are about to get New tires and I want to UPSIZE, and in order to do that we'll have put in a lift kit, I like the Stance of your XK, If you are now running 4600's that are not to old, I / We still have factories with 82,000 on them.

I'd be interested.
Swanny
I don't even have 1,500 miles on these 4600's Swanny.

Once I swap them out in the next week or 2, I'll PM you and see what we can work out if you are still interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts