Jeep Commander Forum banner

2" RC spacer lift - afterthoughts

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
I wondered after installing it, should i get longer sway bar links?

Im asking because i sometimes hear a knocking sound when the body is swaying over bumps and parking bumps etc.

Getting more frequent now - wondering if i didn't consider something in my build?

Thoughts anyone?

Similar issue with yours?

#2 · (Edited)
I wondered after installing it, should i get longer sway bar links?

Im asking because i sometimes hear a knocking sound when the body is swaying over bumps and parking bumps etc.

Getting more frequent now - wondering if i didn't consider something in my build?

Thoughts anyone?

Similar issue with yours?
Have you had your front upper differential bushing replaced yet?

I'd also consider getting your front upper & front lower control arms bushings checked out; it could be that your front upper or front lower control arms need to be replaced.

#4 ·
front upper diff bushing?....never heard of it - i wil try to locate.

As for LCA/UCA bushings - prolly only the lower could be suspect because the upper was new with my JBA kit?
Chuck;

The front upper differential bushing is a very common & well-documented point of wear/failure on Commanders & Grand Cherokees alike, due to poor engineering by FCA and it will definitely give you a knock or clunk up in the front end when it goes bad.

#5 ·
the diff bushing is on the front differential not the UCA. there are 2 on top of the diff and an isolator on the front cover that mates to the front crossmember.

#7 ·
the diff bushing is on the front differential not the UCA. there are 2 on top of the diff and an isolator on the front cover that mates to the front crossmember.
I didn't know there were 2 upper differential bushings on top, I thought there was an upper and a lower differential bushing on the front differential.....that's good information.

#6 ·
thanks, ive been looking at the replacement videos - doesnt come out easily :-/

Im thinking i could get a rebuild front diff with all new bushings, then just

-remove/swap front diff
-replace universal joints
-replace hub bearings
-replace LCA's
-replace pads and rotors

call it done for another 100k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.