Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2" rough country INSTALLED w/ Pics

yay i ordered my 2" rough country lift about 10 minutes ago....$212 canadian shipped to my door...i held off on the wheel spacers as im not sure what to go with....

in any case i will keep you all informed and get pics of the install as i go

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
OOhhhh SWEET!

Left Rear is a pain... Good luck! And dying to see your pics.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lift kit is IN YAYAYA!!!!!!!
didnt ruun into any major issues it went pretty smooth...first time pulling the struts was fun...and then of course stuffing the struts back in the 2 more inches to go....

rear left was a pain like everyone said...i managed to bash my pinky pretty dang hard and my index finger somehow got mashed between the coil and the coil mount...

but all well all is good..im not gunna do a full write up as there are many threads already plus the pics are pretty self explanitory

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
couple more...and sorry bout the pics being so dark...i was working in my garage and it was bout 1:00 am...ill get some better outside photos today

my total start to finish time was 4 hours....it took me longer because i stopped to go read the instructions after every single step...and my impact crapped out on me....i was also helping the wife build our fence...so total time into the lift alone...probably 2.5 to 3 hours

I used Red lock-tite on every bolt i removed and reinstalled and torqued to rough country's specs

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bigger tires what? Well Xmas is right around the corner basically.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That came out real nice. Definitely next mod for me...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed my rough country lift about a month ago, took about 3 1/2 hours total with floor jacks and air tools. Left rear was not that hard. I took off the upper rear axle linkages, they were the hardest to get back on. I should have had a buddy with me but I did it all by myself.

On the front I had to cut off the top of the shock studs by about 1/4 inch.
Spring compressor is NOT needed, it's pretty simple to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You had mentioned in one of your first posts about the extra 1/4 in spacer? I did not see any response to your question.
Does it sit level? from your pics it looks level and very good btw.Or would 1/4 spacers make it more level?
THanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i never ended up ordering the extra 1/4" spacer...but from the research i have done yes it basically will make the commander sit almost perfectly level....but after installing my lift i was VERY pleased with the results..so im leaving it as is

1 - 20 of 26 Posts