Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I've bit the bullet and got new tires, Goodyear SRA's 265/70/17, and in order to do that there was the R.C. lift new front shocks/springs ball joints, rear shocks, alignment, Superchips 3874, and time.
It came out good and the differences in my case are as follows:

Before
Center of Wheel=13.75"
Bottom of fender from ground=31.5"front 33.5" rear
Bottom of front bumper= 18"
Bottom of hitch receiver=20"
After
Center of Wheel=15.125"
Bottom of fender to ground=37" Front 36.250" Rear
Bottom of front bumper 24"
Bottom of hitch receiver=21"
Bottom of Rocker=16"
Bottom of Skid Plate= 12.50"
Bottom of frame=15.50"
Swanny

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Well, I've bit the bullet and got new tires, Goodyear SRA's 265/70/17, and in order to do that there was the R.C. lift new front shocks/springs ball joints, rear shocks, alignment, Superchips 3874, and time.
It came out good and the differences in my case are as follows:

Before
Center of Wheel=13.75"
Bottom of fender from ground=31.5"front 33.5" rear
Bottom of front bumper= 18"
Bottom of hitch receiver=20"
After
Center of Wheel=15.125"
Bottom of fender to ground=37" Front 36.250" Rear
Bottom of front bumper 24"
Bottom of hitch receiver=21"
Bottom of Rocker=16"
Bottom of Skid Plate= 12.50"
Bottom of frame=15.50"
Swanny
Well it's about time Swanny.

That's the proper stance for a Jeep Commander - congrats, your XK looks great.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ride

The ride is good, and it was before, the worst part of the ride is the roads here are terrible.

Swanny

·
Registered
96 Posts
When You guys do these "leveling" lifts, and the front is lifted 6 inches where the back is only lifted an inch or two, do you get your headlights properly aimed (lowered) as part of the package?

I'm a bit glare sensitive, and I try to avoid driving at night. Still, I'd hate to meet one of these things coming at me on a 2 lane country road around here if the headlights have been raised that much.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Light Alignment

I plan to, but the days are long here now an I'm in bed before a good test is able to be made, but as they get shorter I will start with the F.S.M. specs and go from there.

In case you just tuned in this is my Wife's Car, so believe me She will let me know.

Swanny

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
When You guys do these "leveling" lifts, and the front is lifted 6 inches where the back is only lifted an inch or two, do you get your headlights properly aimed (lowered) as part of the package?

I'm a bit glare sensitive, and I try to avoid driving at night. Still, I'd hate to meet one of these things coming at me on a 2 lane country road around here if the headlights have been raised that much.
I've changed out my headlights completely - new headlight housings and new LED headlights and I have properly clocked them;

But I still don't think you would enjoy seeing me coming at you on a 2 lane country road at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts